Forums Latest Members
  1. draftypants Feb 15, 2015

Hi I have a Seamaster Auto,and because I was not wearing it all day ever day (Mon to Fri),found the watch was stopping. so I bought a watch winder £29,this one works on time settings 1 hour run and 3 off clockwise or anti-clockwise. but Iam still finding the watch will stop on occasions,so wondering do I need a different winder. if so any advice would be more that welcome. thanks in advance.
    cheers ray

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 15, 2015

Pic's of both would help, brand of winder also.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 15, 2015

4. draftypants Feb 15, 2015

Hi yes got it sorted. sent it back to seller who in turn took it to his watch repairer, who put in some new pallets. and it worked fine when I was using it daily,during the xmas holidays. the watch winder is a Time Tutelary KA001-uk

5. chickenman26 Feb 16, 2015

Stops on occasions? How long not wearing it caused it to stop? Fully wound, it has a power reserve of 44 hours, and it may not have been fully wound when you took it off. Wind it manually at least 40 turns, and lay it on the dresser. If it stops in much less time than that, it still needs service. I own three Omegas with that 1120 movement, and one was behaving like yours until after several trips to 2 different Omega service centers, even though many parts were replaced the first time. So don't assume that a seller's "watch repairer" found and repaired the root cause of the problem.

Edited Feb 16, 2015
  6. sirish19 Feb 17, 2015

As others have commented, it is more likely the watch than the winder but speaking of winders, I have had more than a few in the past. I generally bought cheap watch winders and found they lasted less than a year. The motors generally got really loud and eventually died. I then decided to invest in a decent winder and ended up going with a Wolf Module 4.1 as they are modular and you can keep adding more as your collection grows. I have 5 of them connected to a single power source now. They are whisper quiet and I have had for about 5 years without any problems. Well worth the money to buy something of quality and not have to keep replacing it.

7. chickenman26 Feb 17, 2015

That's good info about the Wolf modules. I bought a single winder about 10 years ago, because I was mainly a quartz guy and knew I'd never buy another mechanical. Then I started browsing watch forums and...well, you know the rest. So I bought a dual winder a year ago, knowing I'd never need more than 2 platforms. Lucky I didn't sell the old single winder, and now needing a 4th. I may buy the Wolf simply due to a shortage of electrical plugs in the bedroom.::facepalm1::

8. sirish19 Feb 17, 2015

Yeah, that outlet real estate is valuable indeed. I actually got mine from Topper Jewellers and got the Topper brand (that are made by Wolf) as they were about $50 per unit cheaper. They are also extremely programmable. The downside of these is that the cuffs that you put the watch on are quite large (I even ordered the smaller sized ones) and don't really accommodate ladies watches. I had to cut out some of the cushion from inside and sew it back up in order to fit my wife's watches on it.

9. chickenman26 Feb 17, 2015

My wife is an enabler (watches and motorcycles) but doesn't own any herself, so that won't be an issue. Thanks again.

sirish19 likes this.