Forums Latest Members

Watch Winders....to buy or not to buy

1. Joseph88 Jun 6, 2015

Hey all
    I have recently purchased a Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm automatic in black.. yes tough decision between the blue and black watch but thats a whole other forum.
    So i only wear my watch on weekends and as a result i am constantly needing to set the time/date which makes me think that In the long term this will cause wear and tear to the crown.
    So now I'm looking to buy a watch winder (a WOLF 2.7 viceroy).
    Does anyone know the correct TPD (turn per day) for this particular watch and have any other opinions of WOLF and/or watch winders in general.
    Looking forward to reading your replies.
    Many thanks
    Joseph

2. ctpete Jun 6, 2015

There is a FAQ page on the Omega website that has the information your need. This link should take you there.

www.omegawatches.com/.../FAQ-watch_winder_EN.pdf

Joseph88 likes this.
  3. chickenman26 Jun 6, 2015

Whether the watch is a 2500 coaxial or the older 1120 movement, it needs at least 800 turns per day to have a 30 hour power reserve when it's removed from the winder. It can be wound either direction, or a combination of both. I have no experience with the Viceroy, but mine works just as well on a Wolf Module 4.1, a Heiden winder, or an old winder I have with no bi-directional setting.

OmegaSean and Joseph88 like this.
  4. Joseph88 Jun 6, 2015

Big thank you to ctpete and chickenman26 for your replies.
    I was able to find that my particular watch (2500 calibre) requires the 800 TPD (bi directional) as advised by chickenman26.
    I will buy the 2.7 Viceroy Wolf winder and give you guys some feedback.

5. NT931 Jun 6, 2015

Hi Joseph, since there's a moderate to high probability you'll be buying a few more watches (Omega or otherwise) along the way after hanging out in this forum ;), here's the Orbita database for Omega:
    http://orbita.com/2010_web/NEW/Database-O.htm

It also lists winder settings for various brands and other movements. As your collection grows, I'm sure you'll be in need of this information!

OmegaSean likes this.
  6. OmegaSean Jun 7, 2015

Really useful information here for us newbie Omega owners on watch winders.
    Thank you

OmegaSean

7. Prange Jun 7, 2015

My watchmaker told me not to bother with a winder.

They are nice,though. Especially with a triple date.