Forums Latest Members
  1. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 8, 2012

Hi guys, I have 6 autos now, 4 of them I would like to look after well. Chances are I will end up with more of them

I've had a bit of a look at watch winders but they seem frighteningly expensive...
    I don't mind dropping a few pennies on a nice watch, but winders seem crazy expensive. Im going to assume there are good reasons for the cost BUT I am wondering, is there a relatively cheap option for keeping my harem calm perpetually at the ready?

Matt

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 8, 2012

I've got a couple of ferris wheel style winders, one that tumbles one that doesn't. Now I use them because watchmakers often seem to have them, and they work, and are cheap. As for orbita and wolf winders, I'd love to have one but can't justify it.

3. ulackfocus Mar 8, 2012

I'd love to have an Orbita winder but can't justify the expense. I only keep 3 watches wound of my 50 or so, and they're the modern ones with date windows. I use the 4th slot on my winder for the watch I'll wear the next day if it's an auto. Set it at night, and pop it on the winder so it's ready to go the next morning.

I've had a 4 head Tech Swiss for 4 years now. It cost me about $200.

4. a1watch Mar 8, 2012

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 8, 2012

You can also attach them to a cat if you have velcro straps :)

cvhdvm, a1watch and Steve like this.
  6. a1watch Mar 8, 2012

I am gonna try that when I get home... I just hope I can catch the cat[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve likes this.