Forums Latest Members
  1. Purple Art Dec 2, 2017

Evening all,

Looking for any recommendations for a watch winder available in the UK as I am thinking that constantly re-setting the time when I have not worn a watch for a while cannot be good for it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Speedy_Gonzales Dec 2, 2017

I've heard that it is actually worse to keep a watch on a winder for long periods of time. I usually try to take out all my mechanical watches once a month and give them a wind or the Seiko shuffle just to keep the movement lubricated. I am still in the honeymoon phase with my Seamaster 300 trilogy, but once that wears off I might go to monthly rotations. If you do get a watch winder find one with built in rest periods.

Fritz likes this.
  3. BenBagbag Dec 2, 2017

Any watch without a day/date feature is no big deal to set and won't wear out the watch. There is a good post by @Archer somewhere on the forum about watch winders. It has been discussed here many times and technology has not changed since the last time someone posted about it. Try using the search feature on the site.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 2, 2017

Wouldn't use one unless I had a ultra complicated one to set with a moon phase.
    ( I'm lucky as most of my watches don't even have a date )

5. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Dec 2, 2017

I used to use a no name brand to keep my Omegamatics wound. A lot of irony there.