Forums Latest Members

Watch Winder for Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M

1. TheW@tcher Jun 17, 2014

Hi All,

I bought a Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M (http://bit.ly/1qpkJvX) as a gift for my husband last year, and this year he'd like a watch winder for it. Does anyone have any recommendations for relatively inexpensive models that are of a good quality? I've been doing some research but am feeling pretty lost.

I'm looking to spend between $100 - $150. His big ask for the winder is that it be as small as possible. Is there a price point where the functionality and quality increases dramatically that would be worth investing in?

Thanks so much!

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 17, 2014

Nice gift for hubby :thumbsup: As you've probably noticed in your research that watch winders come in a variety of configurations and often are quite expensive. I have a Wolf Designs 3 watch winder that cost $700. I have been very happy with it. Less expensive winders are the Versa and Brookstone, both sold on Amazon, which is where I bought the Wolf Designs. My recommendation is to go on Amazon. They should have something that fits your need. Good luck.

3. TheW@tcher Jun 17, 2014

Thank you! I think I've narrowed it down to Wolf. There are a few options that I think might be good in the $150 - $200 range. Any thoughts on the module 1.8 vs 2.1 vs 2.5?

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 17, 2014

Probably not going to go wrong with any of those. If it were me, I'd get one with a cover.

5. TheW@tcher Jun 17, 2014

Thanks! I appreciate it!

6. larryganz The cable guy Jun 17, 2014

I bought one of these linked below October of last year, and it's silent and does a good job with my Omegas, as well as my Rolexes and Seiko's - it can wind clockwise, counter-clockwise or both, but it doesn't seem to have a speed setting. I would bet that it's about 800-900 turns per day and some modern Omega's use 800. While some Omegas only need 650 per day I'm told faster is fine if you let the watch wind down for 12 hours after you take it off your wrist.

It's totally silent, and it can do two watches at the same time for only $89, and I did a review on Amazon for it. It's worked well enough that I just bought a second one in May 2014 when my cheap Versa winder died one day before the warranty was up (Amazon refunded me and I applied that to to the second winder).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HPNGY4/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have a Wolf Winder with leather finish, version 2.5 that is 2-3x as much money, which I bought December 2012 but it only does one watch - that was my first winder, and it's still running silent. It runs at an advertised 900 turns per day. I got that at Amazon too for $179 but the price rose to $224 now. Jared Jewelers sells a Wolf winder similar to mine for $199. The Wolf is considered to be a better winder by many folks, who claim it's also shielded to prevent magnetizing the watch. However, my other winder have not harmed my watch's accuracy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045HFU5O/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41AkcK8AvDL.jpg Screenshot 2014-06-17 14.55.04.jpg
  7. TheW@tcher Jun 17, 2014

Thank you! I think I'm going to go with the Wolf Windsor Module 2.5. I found it on Overstock for $179, and the fact that it's only 5" high is a big selling point!

8. larryganz The cable guy Jun 17, 2014

It's a good winder, so he should be happy with it. I'd buy more than the one I have, but I like to save the money for more watches. :-D

9. TheW@tcher Jun 17, 2014

:) Thank you all for your help!

10. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 17, 2014

Welcome to the forum and have hubby post a photo or two of the new AT.

11. Alex_TA Jun 18, 2014

Go for Wolf Viceroy module 2.7.