Forums Latest Members
  1. Jimmy Jim Feb 27, 2014

So have a bit of a dilemma... I picked up a Ladymatic for my wife, the problem is that it doesn't fit in my winder as well as any others I have been able to take a look at locally. Any suggestions on a good winder for really small wristed watch wearers?

Btw, this is what she got. Sorry for the bad lighting, I was sitting at my desk in my office...

IMG_8146.jpg IMG_8151.jpg

Northernman likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 27, 2014

Can't you make a smaller cushion from the end of a pool noodle or some squishy foam?

Pics of your winder would help us MacGyvers come up with a solution rather than you buying another winder.

3. rhetoric Feb 27, 2014

Tie your wife to a windmill?:)

watchme, Northernman and Jimmy Jim like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 27, 2014

It's a bit early in the thread to start with the jokes mate, you know the rules!

Oh.........hang on...........there are no rules in this place :p

Northernman, rhetoric and Jimmy Jim like this.
  5. Jimmy Jim Feb 27, 2014

The windmill might be a good idea, she said she could just hang it from a string in the middle of the room and smack it as she walks by every now and then. Current winder is a Swisskubik and I have already been working on a few cushion ideas on how to make it work. I'm confident I will, I just wanted to know if anyone else has already been down this road.

rhetoric likes this.
  6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 27, 2014

get a wife with a bigger wrist?

7. Jimmy Jim Feb 27, 2014

Nah, have had her for 20+ years already. I don't want to be re-trained again.

SpikiSpikester and OmegaWIS like this.
  8. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 27, 2014

At least you are due two lots of long service leave:)

rhetoric and Jimmy Jim like this.
  9. NT931 Feb 28, 2014

I have small 6.3" wrists. I've been pretty happy with an Eilux 1388ST winder. It seems to be tailored for smaller wrists - the default holder is meant for wrists 7" and below. If your wrist is bigger than that, you add on an adapter. Works fine for me.

Jimmy Jim likes this.
  10. Jimmy Jim Feb 28, 2014

Awesome, thanks! I will check into it.

11. NT931 Feb 28, 2014

You're welcome!

Ah, I've found this page which shows how the spring-loaded watch holder works (watch from 5:00 of the video). Basically, the holder springs outwards to hold the watch in place, so a watch configured for a smaller wrist actually makes the holder hold it more tightly. The video explains it better than I would - hope this helps!

One caveat though - it was pretty silent for the first 18 months or so, but lately it's become a touch noisier. Not a lot noisier, but a bit. Otherwise it worked pretty well for a coupla months on a single C-size battery, so I was quite pleased with it.

12. Jimmy Jim Feb 28, 2014

Thanks for the link. She has 6" wrists so it is hard enough finding a great watch that doesn't look like a hub cap stuck to her arm. Now that she has fallen in love with her ladymatic... this winder endeavor is proving to be just as challenging without fabricating something.