Watch value?

Hi!

I am trying to find the real value of this watch, what model is it? is it worth more than its price in gold?, any help or direction will be very appreciate.

thanks in advance.

it says 711 8434

IMG_7175.jpg

IMG_7174.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

What the heck is going on? Is there some sort of generative AI attack on the forum?

What the heck is going on? Is there some sort of generative AI attack on the forum?
what do you mean?

Nah, legit people so far. haha

did i post it in the wrong place?
Nope, you’re good. Just a lot of valuation requests today throwing people off.

thanks for letting me know, i was doing some online research and it was very hard finding information, all i could find is that its from 1926-1930 but no idea about its value.

all i could find is that its from 1926-1930
Your research skills need sharpening 😒.

Date wise it's 1977 to mid 1980.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 14.47.37.png

Your research skills need sharpening 😒.

Date wise it's 1977 to mid 1980.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 14.47.37.png
thanks for the information. when i look up the serial code it was showing the date i said

thanks for the information. when i look up the serial code it was showing the date i said
711 8434 isn't the serial number (that will be inside on the movement).

It's the case reference number used by Omega to identify/catalog the model, which breaks down like this:

7 - Ladies Bracelet Watch
1 - Manual Winding Without Seconds
1 - Non-water-resistant
8434 - Sequential model number

711 8434 isn't the serial number (that will be inside on the movement).

It's the case reference number used by Omega to identify/catalog the model, which breaks down like this:

7 - Ladies Bracelet Watch
1 - Manual Winding Without Seconds
1 - Non-water-resistant
8434 - Sequential model number
thats a great information, ill try to get the number from the inside. by any chance do you have any idea how much this might be worth? is it more value as a watch than gold itself? thanks in advance

is it more value as a watch than gold itself?
Absolutelty. About a case of beer

It's not an "in demand" Omega model, unfortunately. The value would probably be no more than the current melt value of the gold.

With a common theme of no introduction, no context, and no research. Just terse demands for valuation of unappealing undesirable watches.

Actually, maybe generative AI could be used routinely to improve these posts and make them more courteous and interesting. 😀

With a common theme of no introduction, no context, and no research. Just terse demands for valuation of unappealing undesirable watches.

Actually, maybe generative AI could be used routinely to improve these posts and make them more courteous and interesting. 😀
not trying to demand anything, i was just thinking this was the right place to ask about it, i dont know nothing about it and i was expecting it to be easy to be appraised

not trying to demand anything, i was just thinking this was the right place to ask about it, i dont know nothing about it and i was expecting it to be easy to be appraised
Sadly you are coming in with this request at a time when many members, myself included, are crabby about a flood of rude, fly by requests for valuation or worse the former plus under radar sales attempts. You did at least say “thank you. “

Sadly you are coming in with this request at a time when many members, myself included, are crabby about a flood of rude, fly by requests for valuation or worse the former plus under radar sales attempts. You did at least say “thank you. “
i am so sorry, i did not mean to sound rude or demanding, i did some research and i found you guys and thought this was the right place where basically you guys would have all the information i was looking for as a daily basis thing, thanks for letting me know what the situation was

This is the reason why I completely stopped to respond to such requests.

I think that the majority of these new member requests for valuations are not meant to be rude. I made the same request for a valuation of my 1976 Speedmaster in my first post 5+ years ago. I didn't know the forum protocol at the time and neither do most of these new members, so I try to give them a break and answer politely and as best I can. What DOES bother me are the new members who ask for a valuation and are never heard from again. Sad to say, I think that there are more of those posts than there are posts from new members who stick around, learn, and contribute to the community. It is what it is.