Forums Latest Members
  1. Dre Dec 15, 2015

This might be a random and silly question but does anyone know where to get the plastic/perspex box like seen on this photo? I've seen heaps of people use those as their watch storage when they're on the road but I just don't know where to get them.

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 11.32.08 PM.png

2. timeismoney Dec 15, 2015

Hey D,

Here is a link: http://membranebox.mybigcommerce.com/rectangular-boxes/

Note that the boxes have two plastic film on each lid and meant to hold the movement afloat. Unless you plan traveling with the case detached from its straps, it is not too convenient for that purpose.

bigdubnick likes this.
  3. Dre Dec 15, 2015

Thanks heaps mate! Wouldnt be able to find it without your help!

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Dec 16, 2015

What's so special about it, if you don't mind me asking? On the outside, it just looks like your average plastic box.

5. Dre Dec 16, 2015

I just need it when I'm sending my watch away to watchmaker via courrier, just seems like a safer option.

Please see the description below,

Membrane boxes are tight containers that are fitted with two thin elastic membranes that wrap around the object and hold it firmly in place. Thin, thick, round, sharp, irregularly shaped, or even grain sized objects can be kept firmly in place with assurance of no movement.

The transparent boxes are made from clear polystyrene with a very stretchable polyurethane membrane. When the top and bottom of the box are brought together the membranes fit tightly around the object, holding it and protecting it from harsh movement or vibration. Because the membranes hold the object suspended in the center of the box, it can be viewed from both top and bottom.

6. cvalue13 Dec 16, 2015

Here's a video (which I needed so as to understand):

Tritium and Dre like this.
  7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 16, 2015

Very clever

8. cfw Dec 17, 2015

Wow thats handy.

9. Charles@UW Dec 20, 2015

What height should be if I'm planning get one?