Forums Latest Members
  1. scook94 Oct 2, 2014

There's a Seamaster Pro up for sale elsewhere in the forum. I'm not allowed to post on that board so I'm unable to ask the seller a question. While I'm not in the market for another watch I'd definitely like to get my hands on the stand he has pictured the watch on. Can anyone tell me where they can be sourced?

[​IMG]

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 2, 2014

Hi !
    We have had some scam problems and have placed some guidelines on new members.......
    please send a private message to fskywalker and he will be able to help you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, just ask and we will help everyone along........trying to make things better!

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  3. scook94 Oct 9, 2014

Well, after further searching I found the following website in Japan, which seems to be similar to Amazon Marketplace. A bit of a leap, but they took Paypal and the price was reasonable too. Ordered over the weekend and final payment made on Monday, it arrived this morning. All in all, a quite satisfactory transaction...

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/seiko3s/item/se53508md/

alam, tpatta and noelekal like this.
  4. scook94 Oct 9, 2014

Looks good, huh?

[​IMG]

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 9, 2014

very cool. I just ordered 5 of them.

Fusion likes this.
  6. repoman Oct 10, 2014

way cool. This is the type of item I would order several, and then they would sit in a box for 10 years because I didn't really have a use case for them. I think I can justify one though, for the infrequent watch photo.

tpatta likes this.
  7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 10, 2014

Well I had originally ordered 5 but bumped it up to 20. What was I thinking? My order ships today, but these are coming from Japan, so not sure how long it will take.

Daytona12 and Fusion like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 10, 2014

Looks like some sort of torture device

Fusion likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 10, 2014

For bad watches. ::confused2::

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 10, 2014

I see a great future in Forums sales for you :D

andyg, Fusion, persco and 2 others like this.
  11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 10, 2014

12. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 10, 2014

71 more posts to go until I can sell. Now 70 :).

13. scook94 Oct 10, 2014

There's a post somwhere, I think it may be on another forum, where there's some dude in Japan who custom makes them (or similar) but will only do a minimum order of 5 and charges $100. So the price on Rakuten is pretty decent.

I like it because a) it's somwhere nice to store the watch when not wearing (especially with the stainless bracelet) and b) sat on my desk it looks great and it's way preferable to having to glance at the wall clock...

14. yande Oct 11, 2014

Thanks for the heads up Scook94. I've been looking for these. The Japanese site takes a little to negotiate, especially for shipping costs and PayPal payment. But everything is lining up..

15. yande Oct 11, 2014

Then again, did someone mention torture.
    From the same seller. Item Label: SE53505MD for three S prima ballerina watch stands

Take one simple photo..
    se Watch stand..  53505md-a.jpg

Add one very complicated Description..

ESPRIMA es prima watch stand 3 books for SE53505MD
    On the desk and is very useful to rotate the clock stand.

Tap on the desk and breath and case back, it is scratched.

So much time is useful.

If you set this to watch instead of a desk clock.

Leather bands, arms around if the metal of at least 8 cm brass outside seated on the
    The metal piece without and women's Bras in the attached to the shaft!

If the arms around 6 cm in putting on the axis are available.
    Polyurethane wrapped in the receiving axis and gently hold even heavy watches difficult to shift.

Idea shapes in men and women can both be used.

By axis distance is 8.4 cm (fixed), intermediate distance is 6.7 cm.

EDIT: Book = Watch I have been able to discern.

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 11, 2014

Pretty clear really.

And I'm not tossing any stones - my Japanese is much worse, non-existent in fact. :)

17. yande Oct 13, 2014

I'm yet to have any luck. They sent me an email stating that they would get back to me regarding Postal costs, but 3 days later, I am still waiting...
    Chinese, I have no problem, (wife) but Japanese.. I'll sort it out, eventually..

18. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 13, 2014

I ordered two, got postage costs the next day - which got swept into junk mail. I have learned to check there periodically. :)

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 13, 2014

They were very responsive to me, I think within 2 hours I had the quote. I then made an adjustment and then they re-issued within 30 minutes.

20. scook94 Oct 13, 2014

Sorry to hear that, like others, they were very responsive with me and their communication was excellent. I wouldn't have posted an update if I didn't think they were worth recommending, maybe they've just been swamped with sales from forum members? ;) Fingers crossed they sort you out sooner rather than later.