Forums Latest Members

Watch Shopping in Florence Italy

1. Drawarms May 23, 2019

Hi all,

I will be spending some time next week in Florence Italy. Anyone have experience buying watches in Florence? Also any shops people recommend? Thanks!

2. Bushido May 23, 2019

The Omega boutique is lovely and the staff were absolutely fantastic when I was there last year. They popped open a bottle of champagne for my wife and I to enjoy while we tried on watches. The AP boutique is smaller but has a welcoming staff. Of course as a Panerai fan, I spent quite a bit of time in their original boutique. Popped in and out of several other boutiques as we explored the city. All in all, the watch shopping was very enjoyable and the city as a whole is amazing.

I'm certain you will have an awesome time both at the watch shops but within the city overall. Have a blast!

3. Drawarms May 23, 2019

Nice! Any vintage watch shops?

Lonestar likes this.
  4. peterkirk01 May 24, 2019

Solo Tempo have a nice selection of used vintage watches but prices are high. I think the best thing to do is as you are strolling around this beautiful city keep you eyes open for small jewellery shops as many have a used good quality section and haggling is expected. Walk away if not happy then go back and haggle more. As in most Italian cities cash is king so if possible show them your money and a deal can be done. Good luck and enjoy.

Lonestar and Drawarms like this.
  5. Hoddspur May 25, 2019

Most of the watch shops in Florence are within a stone’s throw of the Ponte Vecchio Bridge in the city centre. The Rolex AD is actually on the bridge - very nice guys who let me try on a Hulk (reserved for a another customer unfortunately!) and they also had a Sea Dweller in stock. There is also a vintage/pre-owner watch shop called ‘In-Time’ just by the bridge (north side) that has some decent stuff; once again, very nice/helpful people there. Obviously, I looked around the Omega store - lots in there but am happy with just my ST2 so didn’t spend much time chatting. We really enjoyed our three days in Florence though.

Edited May 25, 2019
    Lonestar and pascs like this.
  6. henrikaa May 25, 2019

Not so much following your cash is king comment here... Most shopowners would want to use creit cards unless not wanting to give you a receipt for your purchase!

7. Drawarms May 29, 2019

Any other opinions?

8. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan May 30, 2019

Lots ofshops as already mentioned on or near the bridge... but the vintahe pieces I saw all carried a hefty premium, at least against what you might find on sales forums here (rent cant be cheap) Panerai boutique was awesome

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 30, 2019

IMO the city is lovely. Great art, architecture and food .. but regarding buying anything there, I think you’d need to hunt hard for bargains.

Matty01 likes this.
  10. Vega Mike May 30, 2019

Agree. If you have the opportunity and it’s not too much trouble, maybe try to get yourself to Milan.
    With done research there you will find a number of vintage watch dealers.

Matty01 likes this.
  11. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan May 31, 2019

Good places to eat...

Buca Mario for Bisteccia di Fiorentina
    Trattoria Zaza for awesome truffle pasta
    and you probably need to eat in the market - upstairs for the sanitised version, downstairs for more authentic ... worth having a crack at a lampredotto sandwich

Drawarms likes this.
  12. agee May 31, 2019

Will be in Florence for 5 days before and after my daughters wedding in Tuscany this summer. Have been there 2 other times. Love the city with its great architecture museums churches and food.
    Looking forward to having tripe which is my avatar picture here. They even have tripe/lamprodetto carts like we have hot dog carts in the US
    Not really expecting to find any vintage watches but looking forward to an awesome stay. Florentine steak with cannellini beans and fentuta with a bottle of Chianti will be on my list

Drawarms, Larry S and Matty01 like this.