Forums Latest Members

Watch shop web design... good and bad?

1. Siac Jun 20, 2014

Hi,

It dawned on me, with so much searching for watch bargains, rarities, sizes, ages, condition, papers, originality etc, etc.. that some websites suck.

What do you look for when searching for a new add to your collection?
    For me, it's easy filter, age, good pictures and easy contact made.

I, personally, like this website (I can't vouch for the stock), it's easy to navigate and search.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Speedmaster/Watches

What do you prefer and could you list the good, bad and downright ugly?

Cheers

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 20, 2014

I have bought from them and they are good people to deal with. Any of their stock that needs servicing or other work is done in house. They are based in Maidstone so, as you can imagine, most of their watchmakers are either ex-Rolex or ex-Breitling. They have their main shop in Maidstone and a "boutique" in the Royal Exchange, London (opposite the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street" - no Citizenrich, that's the Bank of England, not a pub - and they have their own lapping machine.

The Royal Exchange guys are really friendly and have a regular Friday afternoon get-together with a bucket of beer for their customers who just go along for a browse and a chin-wag.

They are dealers with proper business overheads - so don't expect bargains, but their customer service is excellent.