Forums Latest Members
  1. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 13, 2015

Watch sending from Europe to USA

i would like to send an omega from Europe to USA. How does the customs work? Are there any recommendations so that it does not get caught? Are there even customs?

Regards

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 13, 2015

Search the forum for old threads - this has been discussed extensively in the past. You'll need to do some of the work yourself.

Hijak likes this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2015

4. LHBZ Mar 14, 2015

If the watch is recent you will be billed about 3% for customs. I believe it's less for watches of less than 17 jewels (definitely not Omega). Do not ship a Rolex as they have a special customs arrangement. Only Rolex can bring Rolex watches into the USA. Exceptions are made for vintage models. If you ship via FedEx or UPS they'll usually bill you for customs charges after delivering the watch

5. marturx Mar 14, 2015

USPS/ US Customs a nightmare at the moment, possibly via NY. See separate thread about it started by LouS, "US Customs quicksand". I have a package sent to the US that has been sitting in the Customs for almost 3 weeks now

6. E-diddy Mar 14, 2015

Two weeks ago I had a watch sent from the UK to the U.S. The package arrived in the U.S., but was held at the local DHL facility until I payed my duties. I was charged taxes based on the declared value of the watch (I think the formula is complicated). Came out to be just over 9% of the watch's value. Ouch. Wish I knew of a good way to avoid duties before the transaction, but I learned a good lesson: duties may apply when buying international.