Forums Latest Members
  1. mk2euro Aug 5, 2016

I am not sure, if anyone on the forums is from PNW, but I am looking for a watch or repair service in Seattle area. I've inquired with my local jeweler, Ben Bridge, and they told me that they would have to send it to Omega.

Thanks!

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 5, 2016

Nesbits, they used to post here and seem to know what they are doing

3. mk2euro Aug 5, 2016

Thank you!!!

4. kurtj29 Aug 5, 2016

I went to Arc Watchworks in Bellevue. I talked to the watchmaker who said he has been trained by Omega on all their movements and had just been trained on the 9000 series of co-ax movements. They were able to get me in immediately. Nesbits, everytime I call them, it looks like a 6 to 12 week wait to get in the queue.

5. ktc Aug 6, 2016

There is actually an Omega store in Bellevue. Also, Tourbillon in downtown Seattle is an Omega AD.

6. Saber333 Aug 6, 2016

Another vote for nesbits here. Used them once and have only heard good things as well.

7. Atalien2005 Aug 7, 2016

I've also used Nesbits and they were a joy to work with. My watch was back to me in less than 2 months.

8. mk2euro Aug 8, 2016

Thank you, guys, I appreciate this info...

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 8, 2016

Can I ask what watch you need to have serviced? If it's modern, then using Omega or Nesbit would be fine. For vintage I would definitely not recommend Omega, and Nesbits may still want to adhere to the Omega standards they were required to follow when they were an Omega service center (people have told me they have insisted on changing out some of these old parts on their vintage watches). So if you have vintage dial and hands, don't want polishing or case parts replaced, I would be asking them a lot of questions before handing over the watch...

Cheers, Al

10. mk2euro Aug 10, 2016

So, I've purchased this Speedy last year, and I've noticed that it is running a bit late, so I took it to my local Jeweler Ben Bridge, and the watch repair person said that, yes, it is indeed running a bit late. I've tried to get a quote as to how much it would cost, and he said that he will not touch Omega, and that he would have to ship it to Omega. Also, the price for them to look at it would be approximately $695 i believe. So, this is why I am looking to find something a bit less expensive perhaps. Here is the link, to where I posted my Speedy. This watch was purchased from a Collector, so i believe it just sat in the box unworn for quite some time.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/hello-from-seattle.43147/#post-509233

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 10, 2016

Ah yes, REF 35132000. Should be no issues using another service provider since it's a modern watch, but I think you will find Nesbit uses Omega pricing still, even though they are no Longer a service center.

12. fzhu052 Aug 10, 2016

I actually asked similar question a couple weeks ago and got recommended for Arc Watchworks in Bellevue. I went there yesterday and talked with the watchmaker, Theodore (CW21), yesterday. He is a great guy! I am ordering a part right now and will send to him once I have it. Oh, he regulated my speedy and changed the gasket for free when we talked! I don't know exactly how much the servicing cost, but it is much much better than Nesbits.

kurtj29 and mk2euro like this.
  13. mk2euro Aug 10, 2016

Ah, appreciate the info. I guess I will take it to them when the time is right. :) Also, it is only approximately 2 min late in two weeks or so, so it's not that noticeable, but still.

14. fzhu052 Aug 10, 2016

Interesting. We might have talked to different people as I saw two watchmakers in the shop. Theodore (CW21) told me that they won't service co-ax. I don't have one so it does not matter to me. :)

kurtj29 likes this.
  15. kurtj29 Aug 10, 2016

Interesting. But the guy said he had just attended class on servicing that movement. On the other hand, my wife does claim I mis-understand her so with my 53 year old brain anything is possible.

16. thatonewatchdude Aug 10, 2016

there is a Omega service center in Seattle

17. mk2euro Aug 23, 2016

I appreciate the info. I will look into them.