Forums Latest Members
  1. Melhadary Feb 15, 2013

Looking at the ref. # engraving font of my SM 300, and comparing it to others online, I'm starting to wonder... are there authentic originals and others which are replacements, or were they engraved differently from the factory? Also, what does the "Patent Pending" being there or not represent?

This is a close up of mine....
    SM 300 Caseback Inside a.jpg

This is another I found which is similar, no "Patent Pending" and the "SC" is san serif and directly under the 14755 only without the year, but with a different font no. 4. :
    4.jpg
    The following 2 have the "Patent Pending", different font ref. # and the "SC" is in serif font, much bigger, way below and centered under the ref. # plus the year:
    2.jpg

1.jpg

Do I have an authentic caseback?

2. Littleroger Feb 15, 2013

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 15, 2013

The link while informative deals with later model SM300s (twisted lug versions) while the 14755 is an earlier straight lug SM300 model. I for one would like to see pictures of the outer casebacks of the ones pictured by the OP.

4. Melhadary Feb 15, 2013

Absolutely.... great thread, but there isn't any info on ref. # fonts or the "Patent Pending" text either, unfortunately.

Here is a picture of my outer caseback, MSNWatch:

DSC_0138.JPG

The other pictures are just random pics picked up off google images, just as reference for comparison. Didn't really dig that deep to get them....