Forums Latest Members

watch protection for new seamaster 300m

1. vadimo Jun 8, 2015

Hi all,

I have my new watch and very nervous about bumping the face or even scratching in the worst case, is there any protection like a screen protector for phone? I cant seem to find much on the internet.

any advice would be appreciated.

2. chickenman26 Jun 8, 2015

Seamaster 300 M already has "screen protection." Sapphire. My 17 year old model has a pretty beat up bezel, but the crystal has never been scratched.

3. guelerct Jun 8, 2015

The bracelet will take the biggest beating with the polished links
    You would have to work pretty hard to scratch the sapphire crystal

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 8, 2015

If you're that concerned, there's a solution that's been employed by @Mad Dog and as a professional user (get it ;)) it suits him fine.

Just search for posts by him, he's got some great pics of the device in it's natural environment.

Mad Dog and persco like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 8, 2015

6. Thegreatroberto Jun 9, 2015

Just had the bezel and sapphire replaced on my 14yr old 300m. Bezel was £104 and sapphire was £30. I was expecting more. After 14 yrs neither were actually that bad. It was picked up whilst at service. Ready for another 14yrs wear!
    Doubt you'll damage the sapphire to the point you can actually see it. Bezel maybe, clasp definitely.

vadimo likes this.
  7. cuts33 Jun 9, 2015

Not what you want to hear, but I just noticed a scratch on the crystal of my Aqua Terra.

Never scratched a crystal before and after a month this one has a pretty decent scratch in it.

No clue how it happened either and I am not a happy camper.

8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jun 9, 2015

Here's the protection I've found best when at work and the crappy iPhone picture doesn't even show the patina it's picking up.
    [​IMG]
    Try using one of these and your seamaster will be spotless.

9. vadimo Jun 9, 2015

thanks to you all, i think after reading comments i will keep wearing as it is but on days where i think i better not i will put on my old rotary (i really like this make)

i am surprised that there is a screen protector for every mobile phone but not for watch that you just buy off an ebay

10. vadimo Jun 9, 2015

where do i buy it?

11. ulackfocus Jun 9, 2015

Your watch has a steel case and sapphire crystal protecting the movement, dial, and hands. If you're worried beyond that, protect it by buying a safe and storing it there 24 / 7 / 365.

12. xcentric Jun 9, 2015

vadimo likes this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2015

These watches are very durable, most bezels now are ceramic, sapphire crystal is very hard and these watches need to be serviced every 5 years anyway, at servicing the watchmaker polishes out dents and replaces any worn or damaged parts. Many of us own and wear 50 year old watches without much concern.

The protection idea is something you sometimes see on Rolex forums as some paranoid owners leave all the plastic stickers on and get laughed at for it, its sort of like going to someone's house and seeing plastic wrapped furniture, totally cheapens something special.

Giff2577, persco and vadimo like this.
  14. vadimo Jul 20, 2015

i just thought i let people know that might be interested, i could only find one supplier for what i wanted and here it is http://shop.wonderguards.com/category.sc?categoryId=7

Watch Guard Clear Window - was my choice and its not bad, it wont protect watch from bumps but should do from scratches, its good enough for me working as an engineer my hands sometimes end up in all sorts of technology and places :)

Mad Dog and Giff2577 like this.
  15. Wing Zero Jul 24, 2015

out of the 3 watches in my rotation, my Omega SMP 300 Ceramic gets the least amount of wrist time due to my fear of scratching the AR coating
    just sayin

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 24, 2015

Wear your ::censored:: watches!

If you simply must have protection, a paper bag over your head should do the trick. ::stirthepot::

17. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Jul 24, 2015

seriously protection for your watch???

wear it and enjoy it

italy1861 likes this.
  18. italy1861 Jul 24, 2015

When I hear of people buying a tool watch and then are afraid to scratch it, I think of all the Jeeps I see with lift kits, huge tires and winches that never go off-roading... Get that watch dirty!

19. watchcollect Jul 24, 2015

I feel the same way. What drives me crazy is when people are afaid to get a divers watch wet. [emoji15][emoji379] I suggest don't buy watches that one is afraid to use. Enjoy them, that's the reason you bought it in the first place.

20. vadimo Jul 24, 2015

I cant imagine buying a watch and then afraid to wear it.

I expect the tear and wear but I try minimise this when knowing that the job I am going to do next will mean my wrist most likely will come in contact with something that will scratch or scrape my watch. I don't want to leave my watch at home between Monday and Friday!