Forums Latest Members
  1. OllieOnTheRocks May 4, 2020

Hey guys again, I'm on a roll this morning.

When I find myself in a possession of a very special watch, one that fills me with excitement for this passion, I hunt and I search until I find the correct buckles and box.

Some people think this is a waste of time, especially as they're few and far between, but it's amazing how much joy a box can give me. I feel weird just saying it.

I have collected vintage watches for 4 years, and during this time I have had several boxes, all quite moderately sized for Omega, Longines, Rotary etc.

They're ideal because they serve several purposes, including protecting the watch, and if I wanted to take it somewhere with me I could it's small and convenient.

NOW why are boxes these days so huge! I was looking at a few of the watches in the Longines heritage collection and the huge boxes really put me off. Do people actually like these huge boxes?

I think it's fine for the average person who has one watch, but completely inconvenient for collectors.

Anyone else agree?

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 4, 2020

I’ve never had one, so I haven’t caught the bug. Do you display the boxes (in UV-resistant shadowboxes or something?)

3. OllieOnTheRocks May 4, 2020

I don't display them at all, it's kind of just a nice feeling to know I can almost create the 'experience' that the original buyer would have had many years ago.

This is my Rotary one, it wasn't expensive but took me 2 years to find the time correct one.

IMG_4831.jpg IMG_2328.jpg

I also have this one for my Longines.

IMG_4901.jpg

I keep my watches in their original boxes when I am not wearing them, and so I get the enjoyment of taking them out whenever I wear them.

I'm not really someone who likes to display my collection - apart from the watch I am wearing on my wrist :)

Readiness77, Wuza72 and DaveK like this.
  4. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 4, 2020

I totally appreciate how fun that would be :thumbsup:

5. pongster May 5, 2020

From Seiko

357B9DE4-6A0C-4A51-AEFB-0BDE9CDD5153.jpeg
    Readiness77 likes this.
  6. OllieOnTheRocks May 5, 2020

A prime example of where this has got out of control ::bleh::

Readiness77 likes this.