Forums Latest Members
  1. Zeak Sep 29, 2017

Hello people I was recently handed down a Omega constellation chronometer Automatic but no matter how hard I shake it it doesn’t move at all it’s “stuck” it has a clear back and I see and hear the watch move but nothing’s happens please help :)

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. TexOmega Sep 29, 2017

Stop shaking it.

Find a very good watchmaker to service it

Wear with pride

Etp095, Foo2rama and Nobel Prize like this.
  3. Davidt Sep 29, 2017

Most probably needs a service.

4. Zeak Sep 29, 2017

Thanks for your time

5. Zeak Sep 29, 2017

Do you know what could possibly be the reason? I don’t shake that hard it’s a normal wrist shake

6. Davidt Sep 29, 2017

The reason is it needs a service. If a car isnt serviced for 15 years it may not run when you try to start it. Same with a mechanical watch. Debris in the movement, worn bush on the rotor, dried oils causing it to seize.

Etp095 likes this.
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 29, 2017

It could be a number of reasons, none of which can be solved without a watchmakers advice. Don't worry, a watchmaker should be able to give you an estimate prior to servicing.

If you do see the movement working but not the hands then that's good news. Still a full service will cost a few hundred dollars and even if you can get away with just fixing the hand movement you'll probably be in trouble in the near future if the watch is not serviced.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 29, 2017

Don't take it to Omega, they will charge too much.

A qualified independent watchmaker is all that is required.

Zeak and Nobel Prize like this.
  9. thatonewatchdude Sep 29, 2017

If you take it to Omega the estimate will begin at $550, but you could also bring it to your nearest boutique if they have a technician, they will be able to perform a 6pt check complimentary. Fantastic watch by the way, hope you get it back to good health again and good luck.

Zeak and Etp095 like this.