Forums Latest Members
  1. JD 140 Jun 4, 2015

Hi,

I've just treated myself to an Aqua Terra and would like to find a good company to insure it with, could anyone help?

2. repoman Jun 4, 2015

I insure my watches through Traveler's, along with my home. Jewelers Mutual, and Chubb are oft mentioned when it comes to jewelry and watch insurance. I would also advise, if you own a home and have homeowners insurance, first find out what your policy covers, or doesn't cover.

welcome to the forum. upload an avatar :D

Mods and persco like this.
  3. persco Jun 4, 2015

Perfect Circle is another company that specializes in watch and jewelry insurance. I have not used them, but they operate in the US and Canada.

4. Eric_navi Jun 4, 2015

State Farm has been very good to me, they charge about 1.3% of insured value per year, and their personal articles policy includes protection from many circumstance not covered by others... For example, damage incurred during service, or theft by fraud if you get paid for your watch with counterfeit bills when selling.

5. OmegaSean Jun 5, 2015

In the UK I think many people are advised to use their home content insurance by adding the specific watch or watches, most policies cover up to £5000 as standard and items above that you need to provide an insurance valuation and pay an extra premium. This is fine if like me you only have one really expensive watch and a few cheaper ones. I looked at a few independent companies but the were expensive for basically the same cover.
    These are the quotes I had for My PO Ti 42mm Home insurance £38, Independent £108 the independent has no excess where my home content has £150 excess.
    OmegaSean

6. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jun 5, 2015

If you can afford Chubb - Go for it. They will pay up to 50% more than insured for actual replacement. For those of us that have bought Cal.321 Speedmasters in the last year this "little perk" would really come in handy if needed.

7. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jun 6, 2015

Gents, who is good in Australia for specifieds?