Forums Latest Members
  1. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 28, 2011

Which watch is better for a suit?a De ville with a leather strap or a Seamaster brecelet?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2011

This is my go-to suit choice:

[​IMG]

It is on bracelet, but its 34mm, a Constellation, and on that bracelet I feel its formal enough.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2011

Of course, sometimes a strap is required, and we can do that too:

[​IMG]

4. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 28, 2011

Yes it is.A lot of people would wear the same watch but in gold only to get attention!!My thinking is always wear a watch to make yourself happy.
    Thats the appropriate one.

5. ulackfocus Nov 28, 2011

Dress clothes require a dress watch - which is sensibly sized to tuck under a shirt cuff and on a classy strap. Whether you like gold or not is your decision. Technically, a dress watch should be made of precious metal but with what the Swiss are charging for stainless steel nowadays it may fall into that category. :p

6. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 28, 2011

And a naked person requires a solar watch-:pthe size depends on the wrist once has.But i couldn't agree more,is like having a ferrari and no gas to drive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2011

I should mention though, the optional brick bracelet for that particular De Ville you have is one of the best looking dress watch bracelets ever made.

[​IMG]

8. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 28, 2011

It's absolutly amazing!How much does a brecelet like this one cost?

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 28, 2011

You'll have to ask your Omega dealer for that, I'm really not at all sure. They call them brick or brickwork bracelets I believe.

10. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 28, 2011

I will probaple go to Omega boutique to buy a cover for my iphone next week.I shall ask them.Thanks

11. adenkelten Nov 29, 2011

Wow, this silver color brick bracelet is just amazing. I love it, and would like to know about the price. I am looking forward to your reply Omegamaniac, thanks in advance.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2011

Just out of interest, do you think signing up for every watch forum you can find within the last 5 days and posting a random reply to the first thread you see is going to help deboulle.com sell vintage Patek watches?

Trev likes this.
  13. ulackfocus Nov 29, 2011

That's what spammers do. Doubt they'll be back to answer, but even if they do show up again it's only to do the same. I'd remove the link from the sig at least. I think we banned whatever screen name they used on one of the other forums.

14. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 29, 2011

What are spammers and sig?

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2011

Spammers are people that sign up for forums just to try to sell you things, or advertise their own product, its a violation of the terms of use of nearly every internet forum. In this case, because he was not a random Chinese spammer selling fake Nike shoes, but rather selling real Patek watches, I went a step further and reported his actions to Patek Philippe, hopefully they will pull this guy into line.

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2011

BTW, my current pick for an Omega dress watch:

[​IMG]

I'm considering a GO Panomaticlunar, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Day-Date, and Hour Vision. Of them, frankly, the HV is simply the best.

17. ulackfocus Nov 29, 2011

Sig = signature, or the personal picture or text that shows up at the bottom of each of your posts.

Ashley, I've seen the blue and the black dialed HV in person and they're incredible. The GO PML is stunning too. Both are just a smidge bigger than I like but should be right in your wheelhouse. As for the Rolexes, I owned a DJ or two and while nice they aren't anything to get excited about. A D/D is the better choice, especially a vintage one from the 60's or 70's, yet again isn't an eye-popper like the Ω HV or GO PML.

18. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 30, 2011

Amazing watch.You may also like this one as well 431.13.41.21.03.001
    gallery
    • [​IMG][​IMG]

19. OMEGAMANIAC Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the info.I personal never shop from the internet.I like to see the things i am buying and have a personal contact for more details from the seller.

20. Brad Dec 13, 2011

Go with the "Bond" style and use the bracelet.