Forums Latest Members

Watch for newly addicted Omega girl (me)

1. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Hi,
    After great success with finding a new (used) bezel for my beloved SMP 200 ladies here on the forum, with the help of the very nice member pacs, I have now become completely addicted and spend too much (?) time looking at watches.I want to by my next Omega, after 26 years of wearing one...:) But haven't learned very much yet. I have read the few threads on this forum about ladies watches but need more info.

Have come as far as decided I do not want (at least for now) a very old vintage Omega or any Constellation or any Speedmaster. Mostly have been looking at different Aqua Terras but also at different Seamasters. Love the Planet Ocean for ex. Since this forum has so many knowledgeable members, I now seek your advice:

1. Do you hard core Omega fans think a bit of bling is not good? (Very smitten with Aqua Terra, different versions with diamonds on the dial and maybe specifically the 2575.75.00) Any opinions which one of those Aqua Terras you like best? Expensive though..

2. Saw this Seamaster 2085.71 (see pics) last night on Chrono24. Very unusual color of the dial? I love it! Any opinions on whether it is authentic? Am specifically concerned because of the color. Was it ever even made in that aqua blue? They say its in condition 2 = very good.
    I don't know what year it is. Comes supposedly with original box and manual but I guess no receipt. Is eLady a trusted seller? (Have read reviews that state both ways). The asking price is $1060, which feels like a comfortable price range for me, the newbie to start with.

3. Any general advice/opinions/ on buying a pre owned ladies Omega is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    Helena
    Seamaster 3.jpg Seamaster aqua 4.jpg
    Seamaster 1.jpg Seamaster 2.jpg

sensui, GBTRIUMPH, Uniqez and 6 others like this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 22, 2017

The Seamaster has a mother of pearl dial, which is why the colours look different than what you would normally see. It's quartz of course (Cal. 1424) so it should be reliable. I have confirmed that the serial number is for that specific model, so from that standpoint it's all good.

Cheers, Al

Greatpa likes this.
  3. ac106 Feb 22, 2017

One good thing is that resale on ladies omegas is pretty low. Bad for sellers but great for buyers! I bought my wife a ladies speedmaster (324.33.38.40.04.001) pre-owned from eLady on eBay. Retail is is like $5k USD. I got it for $1800. It needed a $300 service but that's less than 50% for a serviced near mint watch.

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 22, 2017

That's a nice looking watch.

Tool-like case and bezel, feminine on the inside (dial and movement) :):thumbsup:

You should just go what you like, and would enjoy having on your wrist. If you'd like some 'bling' in your watch, you should go with it; after all, 'bling' can look quite nice on a lady.

It's great to see you here on the forum...
    do hope you'll stick around :thumbsup:!

Bushido likes this.
  5. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Feb 22, 2017

I think women who wear mens watches are awesome.. that is wear I would go ... 38-40mm
    I think aqua terra would be a great choice.. keep it simple white or black dial... I would not do too much bling ... I love planet ocean but may be above your budget... I think aqua terra is going to get a make over at Basel.... so you may want to wait and see which direction they are going... you'd said no speedmasters , but I think first omega in space with straight lug, 39mm and alpha hands is super classy and would love to get my wifey one

6. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Thanks a lot Archer for taking the trouble to check the serial no. I appreciate it!

7. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Thanks! :)

dougiedude likes this.
  8. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Thanks! I will look at it. Have slim wrists... Am 5,2/160.

9. ConElPueblo Feb 22, 2017

I know they can be a bit hit-or-miss, but there are a number of pretty great ladies Speedmasters which might suit you :)
    None are particularly cheap, but since you've already have got one diver, perhaps something else would be nice?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Oh yes, the top one w diamonds! Unfortunately it comes with a pretty price too.....

11. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Am looking at this little beauty too. Same seller, twice the price, twice the bling :)
    Serial no is a bit hard to see...

Aqua Terra 1.jpg Aqua Terra 2.jpg Aqua Terra 3.jpg

Aqua Terra 4.jpg Aqua Terra 3.jpg

12. jimmyd13 Feb 22, 2017

One post about a missing bezel and now you're hooked on Omega ... this site's worse than crack!

The AT's are all gorgeous, though not for me (and I really don't know why but I look at one on my wrist and it just doesn't do anything for me ... then I see someone else wearing one and I think they're fantastic all over again). You mentioned PO's at the top of this thread - the same thing goes with them. I love them but they're all too big for me. I'm only 6'5", 220lbs with 8 inch wrists ... but those watches are just sit too high for me to find comfortable.

What I'm saying is this: try the watches on. Photos are one thing but watches all wear differently so take any opportunity you can get to put one on your wrist.

13. kkt Feb 22, 2017

14. HiddeninAihara Feb 22, 2017

The grey market for the watches that you listed especially the omega divers can be found at very good prices on eBay. Sellers from Japan usually list these watches used in good condition for reasonable prices

15. ctpete Feb 22, 2017

This is one of the watches my wife wears regularly as her go-to watch. Seamaster 300M midsize quartz. Just a touch of 18k gold on stainless steel. For her, it is good for both casual and slightly dressy outfits. IMG_0304.JPG

16. VillageIdiot Feb 22, 2017

Ah,
    • eLady's outside-ebay website has 10% lower prices (partially due to no ebay seller's fees). However, I think items first appear on ebay before their website.

• Examine their listings and pictures very closely. I believe I once saw a 3572.50 speedy pro with an 1861 movement (yes, non-display movement). The serial number on the case was something like 4xxxxxxx, but the movement serial appeared to be 7xxxxxxx. Parts looked authentic, but I don't think they belonged together.

17. VillageIdiot Feb 22, 2017

Edited Feb 22, 2017
  18. Uniqez Feb 22, 2017

Anonymous club of omega addicted...
    I'm wondering if government has a special programs where they would give addicted people money for new watch or just one old watch per day[emoji2]
    Just saying.

19. Helena Feb 22, 2017

Yeah, thanks I know what you mean. I did try on a few ladies Aqua Terra yesterday.

20. Helena Feb 22, 2017