Forums Latest Members
  1. aap Oct 15, 2018

Sometimes, when I get ready for the day, I look at my watches and feel almost tired of having and disinterested to choose and wear one. So I end up not wearing any the entire day. It kinda feels liberating. Can anyone relate?

watchdaddy1, BenBagbag, flw and 7 others like this.
  2. rohnin Oct 15, 2018

I’ve been feeling the same lately...

Chungboy, aap and superfly like this.
  3. jaguar11 Oct 15, 2018

I think it could be called agony of choice.... Hope you feel better soon.

Gefa, aap, Wivac and 2 others like this.
  4. Om3ga321 Oct 15, 2018

No way can I relate to that.Sometimes I'll change 3 watches in the day.Drives my wife nuts.

neilfrancis, 89-0, Pun and 3 others like this.
  5. superfly Oct 15, 2018

Nope. I can understand, but I can't relate.

I usually just grab a watch and go. And I tend to wear the same watch for two or three weeks, then I switch. But for times when I don't want to wear an expensive watch (e.g. playing with my kids, hiking, sitting by the pool, etc.), I'll put on a cheap - but still super cool - Casio or Citizen or Invicta, or one of my three smart watches (Samsung and Garmin).

Oh, and I've been known to have as many as three stop watches on me during my kids' swim meets, but that's another story. :D

I figure I can't go wrong, as long as I'm not changing a tire wearing a $9,000 watch... or similar.

aap likes this.
  6. sdre Oct 15, 2018

I know that feeling A.

I think I will still wear one. And just don't think about it too much.

aap and superfly like this.
  7. cristos71 Oct 15, 2018

Sounds like you need a new watch to me :D

lando, McKinley, Traveler and 28 others like this.
  8. S.H. Oct 15, 2018

I can relate, this is why I usually do not wear one on weekends.

aap likes this.
  9. staristheanswer Oct 15, 2018

It is the human nature.
    We do not get happy with anything.
    I would say western people mostly.
    We got "everything" and yet not happy with our lives.We are kinda "spoiled"
    If you had only one watch you would wear it everyday and love that watch and appreciate it more ;)

Syrte, Wombat123, 89-0 and 7 others like this.
  10. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 15, 2018

Interesting to read this comment now. I recently watched Minimalism - A documentary about the important things and decided to unclutter. Not intending to live with all of my possessions in two sports bags like some guys in the documentary do, but will offload most of the stuff I've accumulated and focus on stuff that gives me joy. :thumbsup: Keep an eye on the private watch and parts sales :whistling:

micampe, khmt2, JanV and 7 others like this.
  11. aap Oct 15, 2018

Bwahahaha.

JohnSteed likes this.
  12. aap Oct 15, 2018

Actually there’s some truth to that. But could also be a form of detachment?? That I am not beholden to these materialistic things.

Syrte, dougiedude and staristheanswer like this.
  13. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 15, 2018

When that happens, stick with the one you had on the day before ;)

noelekal and aap like this.
  14. S.H. Oct 15, 2018

Actually, I used this idea to justify me buying a recent Rolex: waterproof/bombproof, recently serviced, slightly boring, somewhat accurate. It should make a nice everyday watch, it cost a lot so it should prevent me from spending on various vintage watches I do not really dare to wear regularly.

::screwloose::

Yeah right. I'll let you know if it works.

staristheanswer, omegaswisst and kov like this.
  15. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 15, 2018

The explanation was too long to be comprehensive and applicable :D

S.H. likes this.
  16. Renton Oct 15, 2018

happens to be once in awhile. i end up wearing my sports watch (Garmin) on those days just to "detox". weird but works

aap likes this.
  17. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 15, 2018

In Zurich airport. I’ve been window shopping ... the GMT Master 2 on my wrist is just fine. My collection is just fine. I dont need anymore watches. Now if my wife wasnt with me.....:whistling:

18. MrJKLFoams Oct 15, 2018

I used to have this problem before I end up selling most of them rebuild and now down to 4 which I enjoy more compared before.

aap and kov like this.
  19. jimmyd13 Oct 15, 2018

I sort of understand because I sort of have a similar issue ... sorta.

Here's the thing: I used to have a pretty well beaten Speedmaster II. Someone forced me to sell it to them. They said "how much do you want"; I gave a ridiculous price; they said " OK". The bastards.

I miss that watch. So, I bought another. A near perfect full set.... Which is far too nice to wear to a site. Same goes for a vintage Speedmaster. A Rolex is too show-y. Dress watches are inappropriate. While I'd be happy with a Longines, the ones I've got are, again, far too nice. There's that CWC divers ... indestructible; looks better with scratches; it's on a NATO .... But I sold that one. So, evert week day I reach out, hand hovers over one watch, then another before I pick the Seiko 8003.

This weekend I wore a Longines Ultrachron (was seeing "watch people" ); then a gold Vacheron; and, on Sunday a vintage Speedmaster ... because I'd seen a trailer for "First Man" .

So, yeah, it's not boredom or dissatisfaction with watches but rather a lack of "beaters". I've even been wearing my old LIP ... but it's a little too small as a watch and the bracelet isn't a perfect fit. Think a 7912 would look out of place on a LIP diver?

S.H. and George.A like this.
  20. albertob Oct 15, 2018

I watched this documentary as well.

Way before I watched it, I realized that -at least for me- having less was having more.
    I am not sure how to explain it, but when you have less you also appreciate more what you have and, to some extent, you live more into the present.

This is, of course, my personal opinion and I am not expecting others to agree. Just a suggestion as @kov wrote.

Few things bring up more enjoyment.

Cheers,

Alberto

kov likes this.