Forums Latest Members
  1. BusyBuilder Jul 17, 2019

I went into Earnest Jones, Inverness and inquired about a new Speedmaster Co axial. Last watch my wife bought there, we were given a 20% discount and remainder on 0% finance.

This time I asked about trading my Speedmaster Racing for the Co Axial Moonwatch, but they weren't interested a trade in, so I asked about any available discount, none available, so it's list price only.

I said the jewellers along the way (Chisholm Hunters) would do a trade in on my Omega, and they would get me the watch I wanted, so salesman said it wouldn't have official warranty.

Is this correct ? can a large jewellers advertise Omega watches on their web site and stock them in store, that won't have an offical Omega warranty ? or is salesman taking the pee. ?

2. Millenary Watches Jul 17, 2019

Not true. If you go to an official Omega retailer as a private person (regular customer), you will always get the official warranty at all times. That's strange of them to say since CH is an official Omega retailer. The Omega warranty is activated at the point of purchase when you are buying from an AD.

3. Observer I know nothing! Jul 17, 2019

4. Stufflers Mom Jul 17, 2019

CH are now an Omega AD, not in every branch right enough, but they will supply your local branch the watch you want and it will be stamped and come with a full warranty, mind you they will give you two balloons and a stick for your Speedy Reduced.

5. Evitzee Jul 17, 2019

It's standard practice for one retailer to run down another retailer, or other brands that they don't carry. High end audio equipment is classic in this regard, if the audio salon doesn't carry a line you are interested in they will tell you how lousy it is, how it's overpriced, blah, blah, blah. Take what a salesman tells you with a grain of salt. Most are lying.

madjestikmoose, Eve and FlyingSnoopy like this.
  6. FlyingSnoopy Jul 17, 2019

Standard practice for bad retailers...
    I would not give them my business
    Cheers

Millenary Watches likes this.