Watch bought 1974 - can you tell me anything?

This watch, bought in 1974.

What is the best way to authenticate and restore? Or if I should restore :) it works perfectly but the strap is well used and should be fixed, looks like it could break easily. Also, as seen, the face, blue parts appear worn or damaged some way.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Like 1
Hello @Omega1974vintage and welcome to the forum!

Your watch looks to be in great shape, with a nice retailer signature on the dial as an added touch of interest. On this watch collector's forum, we would encourage you to keep the watch looking just as it is now, since vintage collectors cherish original patinated dials and cases. So, don't "restore" your watch, but do find an independent watchmaker near you who is familiar with working on vintage watches.

Ask the watchmaker for a complete movement service, since all of the tiny mechanical parts inside your watch need to be cleaned, inspected for wear and tear, and then re-lubricated before your watch will function well as a reliable timepiece. Avoid touching the dial (which is rather fragile) and ask for a simple cleaning of the case and bracelet (but not a machine polish). A watchmaker can help sort the bracelet as well. If you need help finding a watchmaker, ask the forum for some suggestions near you.

You have a nice watch worthy of some love and attention. Good luck with it, and keep us posted on your progress!

Like 2
Just have it serviced and wear it, no need to make it new, again it’s the vintage charm.

Like 1
If the bracelet is really stretched and damaged, just walk away. Don't buy it. If it's truly in bad shape as you say, that's going to be a challenge, because getting it restored could cost far more than the value of the watch, if you can even find someone to do it. Finding a replacement is also difficult, and you can't really wear that style of watch without the integrated bracelet.

Service it and clean the wrist cheese, it will come out almost as a new watch. The watch per se is not very valuable (Omega Geneve 166.125) so you need to assess by yourself if it is worth the restoration.

Like 1
Thank you all for your help. I think the next steps are clear. I’ll look to get it serviced as soon as possible.

Any advice on if an official omega service centre is better than someone else? Looking to move to Frisco, Dallas shortly.

Thank you all for your help. I think the next steps are clear. I’ll look to get it serviced as soon as possible.

Any advice on if an official omega service centre is better than someone else? Looking to move to Frisco, Dallas shortly.
To be honest I don’t think an omega service centre is needed to just service this movement, an independent watchmaker that services Omega should be good enough

Like 2
Unless it has sentimental value, or you're absolutely sure that you really, really love it, you may want to be cautious how much you spend on this watch. The condition is poor overall, the bracelet is going to be a challenge, and it won't be an easy watch to sell if you tire of it in the future.

Airport Kloten is the Airport in Zurich, Switzerland. So your watch was sold in the country it was build in :)