Forums Latest Members
  1. peter_reinhard Jul 11, 2016

Hello
    My first post. I just got my father's old watch given to me by my 91 year old mother. I was able to find out these were made from 1963 to 1967. It works but needs a band. It has a broken Spidel Twist-o-flex (which everyone hates and it pulls hairs). What watch band would you guys recommend for this vintage timepiece? I would like a metal band because leather gets pretty bad when the weather is warm. It has no date function and appears to be yellow which is "white gold"? (I know my dad would never have one of those very expensive gold watches)

My main watch is a new Seiko GPS but it is being repaired at the only place they do it in NJ. It is an amazing watch but you need a manual to understand it's features. Very complicated and it has to be serviced in NJ. But it is accurate as it syncs to atomic time standards and can change time zones. Seiko was recommended by our friend Moritz who is a watch maker and I think he went to Omega school.

This Omega is the opposite of that and I like that too. I suppose I should be careful with the old watch and maybe it will last and become a collector's item in many years from now.

thanks for any advice
    Regards
    Pete

2. fjf Jul 11, 2016

[​IMG]