Forums Latest Members
  1. adam9000 Sep 22, 2015

Ok I know this is a bit silly but I was adjusting the size my 1171 bracelet by moving the spring bar in the clasp. I noticed the spring bar was a rough looking and I tried to replace it with one from those multi size spring bar kits I picked up from ebay but it was too thick. The only thing I could find online was this from esslinger http://www.esslinger.com/watch-band-pin-short-end-stainless-steel-spring-bars. They come in 1.3 and 1.35. Any body know if either would work? I was surprised I didn't see any on ebay. Do these things have a different name I should be searching for? I can't be the first person that needed to replace one of these.

2. Blaise Sep 23, 2015

Even though I can not help you with the original question I usually just pop in to a watchmaker for stuff like this. They usually won't ask anything for a new spring bar and even fit it for me, though I have all the tools. Better than trying to find one in the watch box. I remember some time ago using one from the buckle end of a strap. If the length is right that can also fit. Find a strap you don't need take the buckle off and use that spring bar. hope this help!

adam9000 likes this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Sep 25, 2015

That is for a seiko bracelet . They are only 7 or 8 mm long and with a diameter of 1,3-1.35 mm . I think you need a similar spring bar with short end . 15 or 16 mm long . I bought some from Cousinsuk . Short bead 1,5 mm in diameter .https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/short-bead-0150mm-6mm-to-22mm. Work for all kinds of clasps .

adam9000 likes this.
  4. adam9000 Sep 26, 2015

Thanks to you both. Ordering from the UK would be cost prohibited for me in the US so I'll stop by a watchmaker.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 26, 2015

If you know the right diameter and length, you can use a normal spring bar and file or stone the ends of the pin down to they don't protrude past the sides of the clasp when installed...

adam9000 likes this.