Forums Latest Members
  1. Oppo May 3, 2017

I'm in London right now and may be purchasing a watch, does anyone know any dealers or jewellers that do in store authentications?

2. Oppo May 4, 2017

Bump

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 4, 2017

It might help if you would indicate the make/ brand of watch(es) under consideration.

It is my understanding there are a couple OBs in London, and some ADs as well. A search on Omega's web site should give you some options.

4. Oppo May 4, 2017

Ah sorry, it's a Hublot Big Bang. I've called a few places and they need to send it away for inspection, the only place that has got back to me is a place called Danesh Jewellers in Hatton Gardens, but I'm not sure if they're legit. Kind of want an over the counter inspection, don't have time to send it away.

5. roryoc11 May 4, 2017

I have heard of Danesh, the guy has a stall at portobello road and a bricks and mortar store in Hatton garden. Anyway around there is your best better for shops that trade in/ know about hublots. Have you tried contacting their regent street store?

Oppo likes this.
  6. Oppo May 4, 2017

I have, they won't look at it, they said they send it away for £90!

7. BenBagbag May 4, 2017

I mean, you are asking someone for their services - you should expect to pay something for that. £90 doesn't sound all that crazy.

8. DManzaluni May 4, 2017

I used to have a stall on Portobello Road (No:13) and no one ever asked ME for an authentication??

What is wrong with it? Is it a model commonly faked?

I saw a fake brown ceramic cased Hublot last year.

9. Oppo May 4, 2017

Yeah that's fair, but I want something over the counter. The buyer doesn't want to send it away, it's a risk to him.

10. Oppo May 4, 2017

I would just like someone to tell me it's real, it's a lot of money and I'd hate to be scammed. Hublot won't do over the counter.

11. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 4, 2017

But this is the Omegaforums ::confused2:: How about buying from a source you trust. If I feel the need to authenticate even before I have purchased the watch, I would not freakin' buy it from that guy. Buy the seller. It's a cliche but true.

BenBagbag likes this.
  12. padders Oooo subtitles! May 4, 2017

Lots of fake Hublots around, I have been offered several. The problem is the the real ones use some pretty mundane off the shelf stuff like plastic parts and 7750 movements so they are easier to fake than some other high end stuff.

Personally I would steer well clear.

ps dunno if it is the same Danesh, but there is a watch dealer of that name with a window full of Rolexes in Hatton Garden.

Oppo likes this.
  13. Oppo May 4, 2017

Yeah I know :/ I own two Omegas, so feel comfortable here :D I suppose I just want to be safe. I'd be the same with anyone, direct from a dealer is obviously easier but they have a huge mark up.

14. Oppo May 4, 2017

Do you know things the guy should be looking out for? I did a quick Google search about Hublot H screws and a few other qualities

15. tyrantlizardrex May 4, 2017

What's ringing alarm bells?

Does it have the box, the papers, the original receipt?

Where did you find it for sale?

16. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 4, 2017

This bloke :D
    IMG_2528.JPG

kkt and Oppo like this.
  17. Oppo May 4, 2017

Gumtree, he seems genuine but I guess I'm being too safe. He's offered receipts and everything... Yeah I guess being too safe, just a lot of money to part with. Even if it's just a once over by someone, me: "is this real" authenticator "yes" sold!

18. DManzaluni May 4, 2017

I can see at least four redials there, possibly five. I would steer clear of this guy

19. tyrantlizardrex May 4, 2017

This the one in South Kensington?

If the receipts are from a UK retailer, you should be able to check with them whether or not they sold it...

Euxinus likes this.
  20. Willem023 May 4, 2017

Think they all are ligit.
    Get a loan with an idiotic interest rate and buy them all.
    They might go up in price.

My2Ksh