Forums Latest Members
  1. lillatroll Jun 15, 2015

[​IMG]

This is the first watch I bought from this site from Modest Proposal back in late January.I had the watch sent to the UK and found a replacement bracelet for it. The watch also needed a new crystal and a bit of tlc. (The line over the 20 is a reflection, not a scratch) I will hopefully be able to do something with the original strap but not sure if it can be reconditioned. I sent it to Stefan who was one of a few watchmakers recommended to me on here. He told me it was in pretty good condition but would need a new gasket ring and a replacement chrono hand. After servicing it and replacing all the bits he has been testing it for timekeeping so it is almost ready to be sent back to me.. He sent me these pictures last week.
    [​IMG]

I was at home last week and was able to pick up two other watches, which I will post on here later, but this one will have to wait until I go home in October. Obviously as it's my watch I think it is a real beauty and I am looking forward to seeing it in real life and wearing it when I get home again. I think it is nice to be part of a community that is interested in keeping these engineering miracles going.

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 16, 2015

Very nice, now you have to play the waiting game.

A workmate had one, a bit worn but still enough to make me pester him about buying it for over a year. He never gave in though :(

lillatroll likes this.
  3. wsfarrell Jun 16, 2015

That looks ultra clean.

lillatroll likes this.
  4. Geo! Jun 16, 2015

That's a really nice watch, I would proud to own that one my myself. :)

lillatroll likes this.
  5. alam Jun 16, 2015

::love:: a black leather strap with a nicely done red stiching would be my choice! ::popcorn::

lillatroll likes this.
  6. michaelmc Jun 16, 2015

nice watch, cleaned up well.

lillatroll likes this.
  7. lillatroll Jun 16, 2015

I am going to try a few different ones. I bought a 1163 bracelet for it which will be put on when the watch is done and then have a look for a leather one. I have the original leather one which was Aqua blue, and I have found a web sit that has the same colour. The problem with old straps is that they dry out, but I want to find out if it can be saved. Your suggestion sounds like a good one if I can find the perfect example that works for me.

8. alam Jun 16, 2015

is that a black or blue dial? ::confused2:: it looks black to me, the reason for my black leather suggestion...

9. lillatroll Jun 16, 2015

Yes the dial is black, The strap that the watch came with was a greeny blue coloured leather strap that has seen better days. I don t have a picture to show, I am hoping to have the strap restored but don't know if its possible. I am unsure if the strap was original to the watch but I really liked the colour of it, well whats left of it, most of the colour has disappeared.