Forums Latest Members

Was this a good / ok buy @ this price?

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Feb 12, 2014

I had ZERO clue what this watch was worth so i placed a snipe right below 2g's early in the auction and it looks like I came pretty close to getting a fill. Like I wrote, clueless. :)

Was $2,000 a reasonable selling price? I felt the watch had some desirable and unique value features the primary one being that it looks to be pretty "cherry". I'm always willing to pay a premium for like new condition. This strategy has reaped me some pretty decent rewards over the years. Personally, if I were the seller, I would not have described this watch as "NOS" but I understand the the sellers 'strategery' for doing so...

what say-eth you? Any opinions or insights?

BTW: anyone here pick it off?

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Mothra Feb 12, 2014

I think the fact it was a reduced means it'll never be properly collectible - I think your snipe was about right....

citizenrich likes this.
  3. cristos71 Feb 12, 2014

Not sure about the pink gold claims either, it looks pretty yellow to me.

citizenrich likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Feb 12, 2014

It's a good looking watch, but two tone isn't so popular right now and that piggy back chronograph is the black sheep of the Speedmaster flock. I'd be happy somebody outbid you.

citizenrich likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 12, 2014

Its just not a cool or loved watch or movement, its sort of like the 2.0L Porsche 924, just because it has the badge doesn't make it a Porsche.

Doesn't help its case that its big brother is considered chronograph royalty.

citizenrich likes this.
  6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 12, 2014

My tip: charge your phone, its about to go flat!

citizenrich likes this.