Forums Latest Members
  1. zanderlane Jan 26, 2019

...hello to the forum! - I was wondering if any omega experts on here can tell me anything about this old watch of my father's I have recently inherited - was looking for the model name/number, a born on date...can't seem to find anything like it online - I believe he may have got it in the sixties, maybe earlier, probably in south africa - also; is there a standard cleaning technique - is it ok for me to open it or should it only be done by a technician - not sure if it's an old watch or a family heirloom - should it be appraised for insurance and if so how does one do that - so many questions! - thanks so much for any answers!

barry-watch-omega-front-1500px.jpg
  2. tdn-dk Jan 26, 2019

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 26, 2019

I would get a watchmaker to service it and put it on a leather strap.
    He will have the tools to open it. ( too many scratched up casebacks we have seen here over the years from people that try themselves )

Not overly collectable, if it’s gold it’s worth its gold value. But being from from your father it’s priceless.

Edited Jan 26, 2019
  4. mac_omega Jan 26, 2019

Nice heirloom - congrats.

I assume the watch and also the bracelet are solid gold - at least they look so...

There is substantial value only in the gold as these bracelets tend to be heavy...

The watch design is not en vogue at the time, therefore its the value of the gold plus 100-150 € for the movement and dial (if the movement is sound).

I would have it serviced by a competent local watchmaker and then wear it as a nice heirloom.
    BTW don´t send it to Omega for service!