Forums Latest Members
  1. Gderrico Jul 22, 2015

how many years are omega watches covered under manufacture warranty when purchased new?

2. orbistat Jul 22, 2015

OMEGA Inter
    Your OMEGA® watch is warranted by OMEGA SA* for a period of twenty-four (24) months, thirty-six (36) months for watches with a co-axial escapement, from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The international OMEGA warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased OMEGA watch ("defects"). The warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official OMEGA** dealer ("valid warranty certificate").
    During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. In the event that repairs are unable to restore the normal con- ditions of use of your OMEGA watch, OMEGA SA guarantees its replacement by an OMEGA watch of identical or similar characte- ristics. The warranty for the replacement watch ends twenty-four (24) months, thirty-six (36) months for watches with a co-axial escapement, after the date of purchase of the replaced watch.
    This manufacturer’s warranty does not cover:
    – the life of the battery.
    – normal wear and tear and ageing (for example scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber).
    – any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abu- sive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the operating instructions provided by OMEGA SA.
    – any consequential or indirect damage resulting from the use, failure to operate, defects or lack of precision of the OMEGA watch.
    – the OMEGA watch handled by non-authorised persons (for exam- ple for battery replacement, service or repair) or which has been altered in its original condition beyond OMEGA SA’s control.

Gderrico and Nobel Prize like this.
  3. flw history nerd Jul 22, 2015

I think that the co-axial movements are covered for four years from the date of purchase.

Gderrico likes this.
  4. OmegaSean Jul 22, 2015

It tells you on the warranty card & yes the co-axial are 4 years others vary
    Omegasean

Gderrico likes this.
  5. orbistat Jul 22, 2015

4 years ONLY covers watches with a co-axial escapement and SI14 balance spring, and calibre 8500 8501, all other co-axials are 3years only.

Gderrico likes this.
  6. swils8610 Jul 22, 2015

What about a Speedy?

7. Gderrico Jul 25, 2015

My watch is a 8507 movement. I believe that's 4 year Warrenty

8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 25, 2015

Yes, that's correct. My wife's Ladymatic with an 8520 movement (with silicon balance spring) is only covered by a 3-year warranty.

9. Gderrico Jul 25, 2015

I have a 8507 movement limited bond Aqua terra. That's 4 years rite?