Forums Latest Members

Warranty repair Seamaster co-axial.

1. daibac Aug 4, 2011

How long does it take Omega to repair the winder on a Seamaster co-axial under Warranty.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2011

Depends where abouts you are, what country and what service center, but it can take some time, the last Omega warranty I had done was by Swatch Group Australia and it took 8 weeks total turnaround.

3. daibac Aug 4, 2011

I gave it to the Omega authorized repair guy in Montreal and they shipped it to Toronto. The told me it would take about 2 weeks. So far I am waiting
    5 weeks. The repair guy in Montreal told me Omega (Toronto) had to order some parts...

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2011

2 Weeks would be very fast turnaround, what model was it just out of interest? Cal 2500?

5. daibac Aug 4, 2011

It's a Seamaster co-axial. I bought it 7 months ago.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2011

Ahk, when you say its a repair to the winder, did the watch just stop, or start to stop intermittently on you? Or is it a winding stem or something that broke?

7. daibac Aug 4, 2011

The winder does not screw in after making time adjustments. The thread seems to be stripped.

8. Steve Aug 4, 2011

I sent a speedmaster to Omega UK, It wasn't for a service just to have it dated and checked out.
    It was returned within 2 weeks in a Omega travel case, excellent service !. so if you see these travel cases for sale on ebay for about £10+ dont buy one, because Omega give them away for free !.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2011

Ahk that might explain a bit of an extended delay, if its the mid-case which has the thread on it (mid-case is basically the frame of the watch, the caseback screws into the back, and the crystal is attached to the front) and its genuinely stripped, they'd probably have to order a replacement service case, which would be made interesting by the fact that the serial number for your Seamaster is printed on the underside of one of the lugs. It could be that due to that, they'd need to special order the part form Bienne, as they wouldn't have replacement cases floating around everywhere.

Its a very unusual type of repair on a Seamaster, must be a rare manufacturing defect of some kind because there really is no logical way that user error could have cross-threaded the crown.

On the plus side, it should give you many years of reliable service once it has come back.

10. daibac Aug 12, 2011

Finally got my Seamaster co-axial back from Omega Repair shop in Toronto after waiting 8 weeks (under Warranty).
    They did NOT repair problem, it is being sent back to Omega!!!

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2011

Damn I'm sorry to hear that mate, was this just a repairer used by the Omega AD rather than Omega themselves?

Also on something completely unrelated, being from Montreal, I'm guessing you have ready access to a dish that I've been looking at online and wishing we had here in Australia called Poutine, as a chips and gravy fan, it looks incredible. With respect to the cheese, do you know what kind of cheese authentic Poutine uses, and assuming we can't get it here in Australia, would you know what other readily available cheese would be the closest approximation?

12. daibac Aug 12, 2011

They use cheese curds, might be goat cheese. I don't eat it myself too many calories. Supposed to be very good.

13. daibac Aug 12, 2011

The repair was supposedly done by Omega.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2011

Mate you're entitled to a repaired watch, perhaps the AD didn't quite convey the problem correctly to the service center or something, Omega's service center in Toronto is typically considered to be one of the best, you may want to try contacting them directly, the details are:

The Swatch Group (Canada) Ltd
    555, Richmont Street West / Suite 1105
    CA-Toronto M5V 3B1, Ontario
    Phone: +1 416 703 16 67
    Fax: +1 416 703 07 97

I would call them and explain the problem and the details exactly and ask for where to go from there.

Trev likes this.
  15. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 12, 2011

+1. Eliminate the middle-man. Contact Omega directly if it's not sorted out properly.

16. daibac Aug 29, 2011

I finally received my Seamaster Co-axial from Omega Toronto after about 10-11 weeks, had to send back 2nd time because original warranty repair not done properly. I asked authorized repair guy for the red box it should come back in, he said Omega does not ship in these boxes, but he checked in his office, guess what, he had a spare one which he GAVE me no charge.

I called Omega, they said they return repaired watches under warranty in the red box, I told them I think some of their suppliers are trying to rip off customers.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 29, 2011

How is it now, is everything ok?

18. daibac Aug 29, 2011

Its working OK.

19. Steve Aug 29, 2011

They do recommend you not sending your watch in its original presentation red box, but they did return mine in a red travel case, similar to a spectacale case. Good news though having your watch back.