Forums Latest Members
  1. Jamie300186 Apr 29, 2014

Hi I have an omega seamaster professional chrono and it was losing time and the pins on the strap where working themselves loose. So under warranty I put it in to be repaired at the omega boutique in Glasgow on the 17th of February. But I still do not have it back this to me is an incredible amount of time to have a watch for a fairly simple repair. Should I expect some compensation for this?

2. ulackfocus Apr 29, 2014

Actually, it isn't that long at all. They're the Swiss - they do things their way and nobody will rush them. I had two restorations done that took about a year apiece. Second, there's no such thing as a life or death emergency with watches.

Nope. That's just the way it is. Patience is a virtue that is becoming rarer and rarer each passing day.

Als 27 and Jimmy Jim like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 29, 2014

Compensation? Really? I doubt you will get any compensation (unless the boutique gives you a trinket of some sort for your troubles).

You say it is a fairly simple repair, but you don't state the scope of work. If they are just exchanging bracelet pins, then yes it's a long time. If they are servicing the movement for the timekeeping issues, then no it's not a lot of time.

Cheers, Al

4. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Apr 29, 2014

2 months have been a relatively short time. Expect no less than 4-6 months. And it's not just the Swiss. My watchmaker has my watch for 8 months and it's just a simple 30t2. And I almost forgot about it. And I am not expecting him to buy me a drink for taking so long. :p

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 29, 2014

Most of the service centres in the UK, attached to brands, will quote you about 6 weeks. Your dealer has to send it to STS in Essex and like any reputable servicing agent, they will have a huge backlog of work.

Think yourself lucky it isn't a rare, vintage watch that has to go back to the manufacture. Vacheron have quoted me "about 9 months" foe one of mine.

6. Jamie300186 Apr 29, 2014

Well they have told me it has had to go back to Switzerland actually, which I was surprised about.

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 29, 2014

Sounds as though it was not a simple fix then, if a trip to the manufacture is required.

Look on the bright side.... By the time you get it back, it'll feel as though you're getting a new watch!

Hopefully not so long though, that it comes back "vintage"!

8. bigdubnick Apr 29, 2014

I just discovered the best way to pass the time is to acquire another watch. Amazing how it helps the time pass.