Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquahallic May 18, 2019

I'm looking at buying a SMP. Both do not have the original warranty card with serial number but both sellers claim to have had them serviced within the past 4yrs or so. One seller only has a paperwork and another seller has a new card from Omega. I asked the seller with only the paperwork and they're claiming that Omega does not issue a new card that they only give out a paper receipt showing a service was done.

I know when you send a Rolex off for service they include a new warranty card with the serial number on it...does Omega do the same thing?

2. tyrantlizardrex May 18, 2019

If you send a watch to Omega for a service now, you no longer get a plastic card, you get a paper invoice/receipt as proof of service.

They haven't issued plastic cards as proof of service for several years.

Edit: For clarity, I'm talking from a UK perspective. :thumbsup:

Edited May 19, 2019
    Foo2rama and Snap Crackle like this.
  3. Bimmerman77 May 19, 2019

When you send it in to Omega, you’ll get the receipt plus a piece of cardboard with the pressure test results, the average timing rate, service number and the initials of the watchmaker.

4. TMas May 19, 2019

I can confirm with 100% certainty that the plastic warranty cards are still being given on services performed at OMEGA in Switzerland.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  5. Bimmerman77 May 19, 2019

I wish they did that in the US

Foo2rama and TMas like this.
  6. Aquahallic May 20, 2019

Thanks for the help everyone. The one with the card was from Europe (sold to a US buyer) and the one with the paper was a US watch so that explains it.

After doing some more thinking I've decided to buy a PO instead, a 2201.50 with a calibre 2500D but it's hard finding one!! I found a few nice Cs but after reading some posts on here and WUS I just don't trust them. I read even after replacing the gold wheel with a silver wheel there's still the issue of the black residue.

So I guess the search continues....thanks again for the help!!

Bimmerman77 likes this.