Forums Latest Members
  1. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

I recently bought a MkII reissue from an AD, the card came only with the dealer imprint. Am I good to hand write in the missing information to activate my warranty? I've seen some example where they are stamped, and some where they are handwritten. I'm about to send it in for a partial service covered by warranty and want to make sure I don't do something that would mess that up.

I did a little searching but didn't find a definitive answer so I figured I'd ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited Dec 11, 2016
  2. alam Dec 11, 2016

slacking AD not doing their job! I dont think there's a process to "activate" the warranty, if I were you, I'd save the sales receipt..

or go back and have the AD stamp the card...

3. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

I've got it. I basically mean, will it be valid if it's filled in by hand. It appears so after digging a little deeper.

4. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

It seems like the only thing that needs to be printed on the card is the AD name.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 11, 2016

That is correct

6. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

Thank you.

7. meganfox17 Dec 11, 2016

Congratulations Aaron Shapiro ! You just snitched on the AD [emoji41] Why ? Because the Big Kahuna & his marketing Honchos at Omega USA & HQ in Bienne are reading this very thread right now !

Whether Omega decides to withdraw the licensing permit of the AD next year & insist on boutique only sales is another story

On the other hand....

Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  8. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

Well... how else am I supposed to find out?? [emoji12]

9. meganfox17 Dec 11, 2016

The question is whether Omega actually has the monthly sales record of that AD or had insisted on a receipt when the watch was purchased or had properly documented the serial number , date of purchase & date issue of warranty of that MKII (which has a 4 yr warranty period by the way ). Ultimately Omega will decide whether to honour your undated or no date warranty card , not You , not Me , not the AD

10. alam Dec 11, 2016

Agree - and this is the elusive answer regarding service/repair under Omega warranty. I don't know the answer myself as I have never attempted to request service under the Omega warranty. My only experience with a warranty claim was w/the Breitling service center here in the U.S. -- they asked I provide proof of purchase showing date of sale/dealer information before any warranty work was done -- a very good reason to keep the original sales receipt...

meganfox17 likes this.
  11. Aaron Shapiro Dec 11, 2016

Good thing I've got it.

alam likes this.
  12. arcadelt Dec 12, 2016

Man, they are tough around here. I presume the OP edit was to remove some identifying information, as the way it looks now there is nothing that seemingly could link the post to the specific AD.

cicindela likes this.
  13. Aaron Shapiro Dec 12, 2016

That's correct.

14. mdgrwl Dec 12, 2016

Yep, just write it in and you'll be set.

shwang0215 likes this.