Forums Latest Members
  1. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

I would love some help on this. I bought an Omega Seamaster 300m last year and a few weeks back I noticed one of the buttons on the clasp was stuck inward. I took it in to the AD I purchased it from and asked them to look at it. They did and came back with the button out. I pushed it back in to test and it immediately got stuck again. They looked at it again and said they would have to send it in to Omega to fix it. That's all fine. Then they asked for my warranty card with it. Mind you they just found my receipt in the computer from less than a year ago. I didn't have the card on me since I thought this would be an easy fix so they said I could mail it in to them. I asked if a picture would suffice and they said no. Should I really have to turn in my card and risk it getting lost in the mail, lost in the store or lost wherever they send it?? It cannot be replaced and would make my warranty very hard to use in the future. Why would they need the physical card anyway? Should I do it? I'm leaning towards not doing it. I don't want to risk making my watch not being a complete set or not being able to use the rest of my 4 years of warranty with another AD. Any risk in not sending it to them? Can they deny my warranty? Thanks in advance very much.

2. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Aug 21, 2020

In my experience, they want “hands on” view to check authenticity of the card - do not keep it - hand it back and send off the watch.
    Phone and ask them?
    Good luck.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

Thanks for the reply. After doing some more research it seems some AD’s don’t fill out the date of purchase for warranty purposes. I wonder if they need it to fill out the date of purchase so they aren’t in the hook for payment. I suppose I’ll risk it and give it to them.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 21, 2020

If they have the initial payment on their system and you have an invoice/receipt and they lose the card, you should still be covered.

If you have to mail it,make colour photocopies/photos and send it.

If they lose it, demand another one.

Good luck with it.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

I read online that the warranty can be void if the card is not presented so I guess I have little choice. But I'll photo it before I give it to them.

6. mr_smith Aug 21, 2020

You'd think the receipt / record of sale would be enough... when I got my 2531.80 years ago, the AD gave me the box and cards belonging to a 2254.50. I was so enamored with the watch (my first) that I didn't check the cards until a later time. I sent a copy of the receipt to Omega and they issued me cards for my watch (the AD stopped carrying Omega so I couldn't go through them). That being said, I've since had a couple of warranty repairs/checks on other watches and taken my watches with cards in to an Omega Boutique (after learning from my mistake on the first watch, I definitely checked I had the proper cards upon purchasing later watches)... on each of these occasions the representative took the card into the back for some time, probably checking the authenticity as @p4ul suggested. Perhaps it's possible for them to verify ownership either way but just easier with the card (they don't have to dig as deep).

7. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I would understand needing to verify the authenticity of the card completely if I bought it from a different dealer. But I bought the watch from this dealer just 8 months ago or so. And they had all of my information on the sale in their system when they checked.

8. mr_smith Aug 21, 2020

Sorry, rereading it I see you mentioned that in the first post. Then in the same situation I'd probably be thinking the receipt / record of sale would definitely be enough. However, since they're sending it to Omega, perhaps they are required to send the card along with? Would be interested to know.

9. Wryfox Aug 21, 2020

What year is this? 1950? You have to present the physical warranty card to get service?

10. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

That’s what I was thinking. They left the date of purchase blank when I bought it. I wonder if they have to put the date on it and send it in with the watch. I’ll let you know.

Edited Aug 21, 2020
  11. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

That what I thought. They still took the watch and gave me a service slip. So I wonder if they’ll send it in regardless.

12. chaw6125 Aug 21, 2020

My warranty card isn't stamped or dated on one of my watches. It would be well out of warranty either way to be honest. I would be shocked if I honestly needed to turn up with the warranty card especially as you said they have you on the system and if you have a til receipt. I'm sure consumer rights in the UK would overrule lack of a warranty card.

13. kcgunner Aug 21, 2020

Well to be fair, they didn’t say they wouldn’t honor the warranty without it. And they did keep the watch. But they did ask me to send it to them and seemed pretty insistent on it. So much so that they gave me a self addressed stamped envelope for it.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2020

This is why I don’t deal with AD’s for warranty issues.

15. Evitzee Aug 23, 2020

As warranty terms stretch out to 5, 7, 8 years on some brands expect to see more requirements to show documentation when repairs are requested. Repairs cost money and these costs are built into the price of the article. By requesting real documentation on date and place of purchase they hope to cut down on grey market activities. Whether it does or not remains to be seen.

16. kcgunner Aug 23, 2020

Then what do you do with warranty issues?

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2020

I go to an OB... aka Omega Boutique.

18. kcgunner Aug 23, 2020

Well unfortunately I don’t have one of those close. Just authorized dealers.

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2020

You can call them and they will send you a box to pick up the watch and ship it to them.

20. kcgunner Aug 23, 2020

I didn’t know that. Well they kept my watch at the AD so it’s too late for that. But I’ll keep it in mind for next time.