Forums Latest Members
  1. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 20, 2017

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162717971258?ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This seller is back at it with his clearly re-dialed M95.
    His comic sans font is pure irony.

Warning...he has been trying to pawn this POS off for over a year now.

frederico, Kmart, bazamu and 2 others like this.
  2. wkimmd Oct 20, 2017

I remember seeing that watch when it first came on ebay and I was desperate for a M95, wondering, "is it?"...thanks for pointing it out @CajunTiger

3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 23, 2017

I'm moar confused than I normally am.

I read the description and the seller claims he has had the watch for 25 years and never had anyone touch the dial. He admits the dial may have been F'd with before he got his grubby paws on it.

Is this not the entire story? Did he leave something out?

Just a thought: grown men (and I don't mean you!!) shouldn't be in a rush to plunk down thousands of dollars on a 60 year old item without knowing what they're getting in to.

The intratubes and GIS makes everyone a qualified vintage expert. The ultimate level playing field

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 23, 2017

Whats to be confused about?
    The seller knows the dial has been refinished...it looks like it was done by his grandchildren.

He has listed this watch now at least a dozen times...his original descriptions claimed the dial was 100% untouched. I have emailed him several times, he is a gruff old man that refuses to acknowledge the dial is refinished, he claims he is an expert and that the dial is perfect.

This is his latest attempt at pawning it off. I posted the link as a PSA for those that are not up to speed on what the dial should look like.
    He should just disclose the issues and be done with it, rather than trying to deceive potential buyers.

actually his exact words are "IF IT HAS BEEN REFINISHED IT WAS BEFORE THAT TIME AND DONE SUPERBLY IF SO. "

Bullshit

citizenrich likes this.
  5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 23, 2017

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 23, 2017

Poor guy, looks like his camera no longer focuses properly and he can't afford zoom shots in his listing.

:(

7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 23, 2017

I think his cataracts are fogged...this is how he describes the watch:
    "DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN A MORE SUPERB EXAMPLE OF A MOVADO SUBSEA M95 CHRONOGRAPH"

Shame the forum doesnt allow comic sans font...but look at those hands, it looks like he used latex paint for lume.

8. redpcar Oct 23, 2017

I can't get past the globs of paint on the minute track. At some points, they almost touch.

wsfarrell likes this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 23, 2017

Yeah, I was takin' the piss. All of his earlier sales had good clear pictures, even the one that "sold" a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Now he has small blurry pics, has he forgotten how to good photo shoots maybe, or is there an ulterior motion?

;)

10. bimbim1207 Oct 24, 2017

so sad an once great watch got molested this much....

11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 24, 2017

Lol I can't tell if you got mad at me as well. I'd never hawk a redial - GROACE!!

I didn't realize you had a history with this guy and his stupid, ugly watch.

It's clear the dude is stuck on stupid and he'll never admit it's a re-dial so why bother? I get that you're trying to protect unsuspecting buyers but hopefully he's honest when someone asks him the simple question: IS THIS A RE-DIAL? any answer other than "I don't know" should always be a run away signal for a buyer (unless the price represents the diminished value of a re-dial). No matter, this guy seems determined to fuck over some poor dupe. He must have been duped himself by this watch and feels like his only chance at redemption is to screw over the next poor guy. What else could explain his obstinacy? Unless he's evil? Lol, could he be evil??

Or, I could just mind my own business lol
    That's prolly better

Edited Oct 25, 2017
  12. kippyk Oct 28, 2017

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL SUPERB SUPERB SUPERBLY BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL

Adjectives in the Ebay AD for those keeping count.