Forums Latest Members

**WARNING** Beware of purchasing from AMAZON!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

1. Matthew Geiser Aug 28, 2012

I have been a loyal amazon.com customer for years, and had zero issues with customer service. I recently purchased a Speedmaster (3570.50.00) from them... I probably should have thought twice, but my previous experiences had been phenomenal, and their return policy stated I shouldn't have any issues. I received the watch, wore it around the house for a bit, and decided I really wanted the planet ocean so I returned it. Watch had never been outside, never been resized, nothing! Well, a week later I get an email stating that my return was rejected due to "tiny scratches on the clasp". No pictures, no details, nothing, they just send it back. I have spent 4 hours on the phone, with 5 different people, and they all say I'm out of luck. Even better, they tell me the watch is examined with a MICROSCOPE and if they see a scrath, the return won't be accepted...

I learned my lesson for a watch like this from there in the first place, and would strongly caution anyone else.​

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 28, 2012

If you paid with a credit card then contest the return with the credit card company.

3. alam Aug 28, 2012

interesting - agree with the CC/bank comment above as they may provide some leverage. if you dont mind, what did you pay for it on Amazon?

4. ulackfocus Aug 28, 2012

I'm going to play devil's advocate....... mostly because I got NO sleep on last night's red eye flight because idiots bring infants knowing they're going to cry at LEAST every two hours and wake everyone in the vicinity up. ::censored:: I left only the relevent part of your quote. If you had bought at an AD you would have been able to try the watch on, but you chose to try to save a few bucks and now the Watch Gods are making you pay for it. Wasn't worth it, huh?

Papa Legba and bob martian like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 28, 2012

The other thing is if the watch was defective I'd totally understand returning it, but we're talking about a change of preference, and now the seller can no longer sell it as a new watch, because its worn. I know hairline scratches on the clasp sounds like nothing but if I'd paid for a brand new Speedmaster Pro and it arrived with any scratches, I'd be like "Hey, why is my new watch used?!?" So its a bit of a two edged sword there. That's why AD's let you try on a display model, or a model wrapped in plastic still or keep an eye on you while you wear it.

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 29, 2012

Hmmm. Does the return policy cover change in preference? Seems that they are operating in a really tough environment out there.

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 29, 2012

I think I'd have to side with Amazon on this one. Scratches or none, it's been worn and is now a used watch (that was returned simply because you changed your mind).

What did their return policy say? I'd be curious to see what the wording is like.

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 29, 2012

Also, I forgot to ask which re-seller it was through. I don't think Amazon sell any Omega watches themselves.

9. bob martian Sep 1, 2012

[​IMG]

10. porschefan Sep 4, 2012

Well, actually there is... you ever try a new ale, and you don't like it... ?

11. JoelZ Mar 4, 2013

Matthew, I'm afraid that I have to side with the other folks on here that, if you'd bought from an AD we wouldn't be hearing about a problem like this. Not to mention the fact that now you don't have a valid warr. from the manufacturer. The question is: Was it worth the 'savings?'

12. Matthew Geiser Mar 4, 2013

What posses someone to to post a useless comment on a thread that is 6 months old? Good news, though, Amazon did end up taking it back and giving me a complete refund. Thanks.

13. JoelZ Mar 4, 2013

Matthew, I'm sorry if the reply is not timely enough for you, but I'm a new user to the forum, who is never too shy to share his feelings. I'm sorry if the reply upset you and am truly glad that you got your money back.

14. ulackfocus Mar 4, 2013

What, no brawl will ensue? Nuts!

Okay, seriously - glad it all worked out Matt. Did you ever buy another Speedy?

15. Matthew Geiser Mar 4, 2013

I decided to go with the 2500 speedmaster on rubber... haven't taken it off in months... LOVE IT!

omega.JPG

16. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2013

C'mon, we need better pictures than that !

That's what the Modern Omega forum is there for ;)

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2013

Yeah, we had to wait for 6 months for pete's sake. :eek:

18. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 4, 2013

Sounds a lot like something an AD would say :D