Forums Latest Members

Wanted to introduce myself

1. Mosco Dec 28, 2016

Hello, Ladies and Gents! New to Omega Forums, but not to the watch collection/trade. My name is Greg Gimelstein, I go by Mosco on other fora, and my business is CaliberSwiss. Many of you know me, as I have been in the trenches since 2004. I heard that this is a community like no other, and wanted to see for myself :) Glad to be here, please PM me with any questions, concerns, or funny anecdotes.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. TNTwatch Dec 28, 2016

Welcome! Now that you've seen the community, we couldn't wait to see your collection too. ;)

chronos likes this.
  3. TexOmega Dec 28, 2016

Howdy

The first question for newbies is always post more high res pictures.....so post more high res pictures.

::rimshot::

Welcome

4. Canuck Dec 28, 2016

Googling the name CaliberSwiss will disclose quite a bit of information omitted from the original post.

5. corn18 Dec 28, 2016

That's not a good sign for Mr. Swiss. And I liked his avatar.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 28, 2016

I'd ignore ripoff report and their ilk. They are run out of Eastern Europe and the multiple sites all scrape info from each other and repost the same content ad nauseam. I've been working for years to clear my personal info from some asshat that thought I worked for a company that posted to one of those about 5 years ago. Every time a new one pops up it uses the old scraped info.

eBay record is perfect.

Welcome to the forums.

7. Mosco Dec 28, 2016

that was done by a pissed off competitor, plain and simple. It's done on one site, and, as Foo2Rama has mentioned, gets scraped into other like sites. There's no way to truly defend against it, other than - you guessed it - pay Ripoff report money. I will 110% verify that this 'report' is fake, and have plenty of references that will confirm my position. Unfortunately, in this business, it is hard to get anywhere without ruffling a few feathers.

8. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 28, 2016

Mosco has been around quite a while and can surely provide numerous references upon request from other forums..
    You can read what you want but his is not a Noob on the Forums!
    A respected member of this great hobby of ours!

Mosco likes this.
  9. corn18 Dec 28, 2016

Yeah! @Mosco Can I come visit you in West Chester? I just live over in Loveland.

10. Mosco Dec 28, 2016

What's up, Time To Go!!! Man, you're everywhere :)

ATWG likes this.
  11. Mosco Dec 28, 2016

Heck yeah man, just let me know when.

12. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 28, 2016

Thanks, like you, I wish I would have found this forum before! Great folks and quite a bit of knowledge here - I am learning about the brand!

Cheers!

Mosco likes this.
  13. Faz Dec 28, 2016

One of the conditions of membership is to own a Moon to Mars Speedmaster..

Do you have one? ::rimshot::

Mosco and Taddyangle like this.
  14. corn18 Dec 28, 2016

BTW, Welcome board!

Faz likes this.
  15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 28, 2016

Quite a few emigrees here from TRF and other watch fora. A long as they don't bring the "is it safe to wear my Rolex in the...." threads and ask such over here.... vacuousness is my niche. ::rant:

I've done businesss with @Mosco a couple of times, though it was a few years back.

ulackfocus likes this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2016

Anyone familiar with scams and Nigerian frauds, will recognize the report as a fake piece of BS . You're safe here Greg.

ulackfocus and Foo2rama like this.
  17. Mosco Dec 28, 2016

Actually, not Nigerian, domestic. I know who it is, but because of the 'john doe' lawsuit I'm going to drop on them at some point soon, I don't want to say too much on the interwebz.

ulackfocus and Foo2rama like this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2016

Regardless , sounds like and ignorant lout.

ulackfocus likes this.
  19. Jking something intelligent and witty... Dec 28, 2016

Somebody call me? :D Welcome to OF!

20. ulackfocus Dec 28, 2016

Yeah, we're still waiting for that "intelligent and witty" remark. :rolleyes: ( :p )

ah HA! Now we know.....

Stop it. :cautious: I know you think you can pull that crap now that the squirrel is toothless, but keep it up and I might come out of retirement for just one day. :eek: :D

Jwit likes this.