Forums Latest Members

Wanted to buy, 30~32mm vintage dressy watch

1. devnull Sep 14, 2015

Posting on behalf of my daughter (and against my best interest as I will end up paying for it). She is looking for a dress watch around 30mm. Something vintage, something classic. She would loooove a Constellation and heck, while we are day dreaming I think the '58 Ranchero came in a 30mm size, but let's not fool ourselves here...

If you have a mid range watch such as a seamaster, constellation, a nice longiness or Universal Geneve, on a size that is too small for you please let me know. Steel or solid gold for a dressier watch would do. If you have something a tad expensive let me know anyways; her high school graduation is next year and getting her a nice watch for that occasion would save me from her appropriating one of my personal watches (which thank God she finds a tad big).

Fritz likes this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 14, 2015

Matty01 likes this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Sep 14, 2015

Man.... are you in trouble!

and once you get her one..... the spousal unit will begin to feel left out..... and she'll need something better than what the kid got.......

.......I hope you only have one daughter!

4. devnull Sep 14, 2015

Thank God neither the wife nor my other daughter cares for watches. At all. My younger is quite happy with her purple Casio digital toy; it has an alarm, and a chronometer, and a button that lights it up so you can see it at night. When she got it she was tickled pink.

5. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Sep 15, 2015

Most Seamasters and Constellations are 33-35 mm, I believe. Is it something like this you are looking for? 34 mm this is (not my arm :D)

image.jpg

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 15, 2015

I have a spectacular vintage Tissot bumper that I might be willing to part with, but I believe that it is 32mm. Also, it is a bumper movement, which may be a bit too radical for a younger person.

Finally, it would be relatively expensive, as the condition is superb, and I've never seen another example of the model.

Feel free to let me know on the outside chance that you have interest.

Cheers,

Tony C.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 15, 2015
  7. ulackfocus Sep 15, 2015

Got a 32 mm Piaget ultra-thin manual wind caliber 9P from 1961 that I never wear anymore that I'll offer up. I don't know what your price range is, but the name Piaget catches any female's attention.

[​IMG]

tyrantlizardrex and Traveler like this.
  8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 15, 2015

Right at 30-mm and just over 6.5-mm thin.

14K yellow gold.

PM me if interested.

IMG_3538.JPG IMG_3539.JPG

ulackfocus and OmegaSean like this.
  9. marturx Sep 15, 2015

And from the Kingdom of Sweden we contribute with this big sized (33 mm) Certina bumper

image.jpg

Hijak likes this.
  10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 15, 2015

Norman's watch, @X350 XJR, can be coordinated inexpensively with different color straps to fit any proud Lady's couture requirements!
    These are all great options and you can't go wrong with this list of sellers!

11. ConElPueblo Sep 16, 2015

Sweet Jesus that is beautiful!! ::love::

12. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Sep 16, 2015

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 16, 2015

Again, you did not specify a price range or whether you wanted to go with a top-line Swiss brands or keep it more affordable.

This is a more unusual choice, especially for fans of 1950's styles:

[​IMG]

This is a US made Bulova, about 32mm diameter with a very high precision movement (note - this is not my watch, but another with the same movement)

[​IMG]

Mine is pretty much stuck shut, it will need a trip to the watchmaker to open up. These may be had very inexpensively on eBay. Both of mine keep excellent time.

BTW, these were not cheap for their time. List price was $95, in mid-1950's dollars.

[​IMG]

You never know what someone will like.
    gatorcpa

Hijak likes this.
  14. Hijak Sep 16, 2015

Love the dial on yours Evan!::love:: Nice looking watch.:thumbsup: