Forums Latest Members

Wanted Recommendations for Denver/ Colorado Springs Shops

1. wagudc Jul 3, 2019

I will be in the Denver and Colorado Springs areas and am interested in recommendations for where to check out vintage watches. I am not necessarily interested in a luxury watch place, just places that have cool old watches. More interested in browsing than buying. Don't have much $$$ right now, but you never know.

2. WYO_Watch Jul 3, 2019

Following :thumbsup:

I’m always looking for a good watch shop within a thousand miles of my house.

3. larryganz The cable guy Jul 3, 2019

The Tick Tock Shop (7 North Circle, Colorado Springs CO 80909 - 719-475-8585) sometimes has 3 or 4 vintage watches for sale, but it just varies from time to time. So sometimes there will be none and sometimes several - I've seen some old Heuer, Rolex and Omegas come through, along with a few other less known brands.

I know Right Time Watches https://www.righttime.com in the south end of Denver has pre-owned watches - it's one of the only other watch stores I've visited aside from Ben Bridge Jewelers where I've only seen new watches, or Hyde Park jewelers (or Jared which sells used Rolex with diamonds). I've seen a used Patek for $55,000 at Hyde Park once (cherry creek mall) but they are an upscale jewelry store that I do not think caters towards vintage watch lovers.

4. wagudc Jul 4, 2019

Thanks for the info, I will try to checkout Tick Rock and Right Time.

5. Gentle Ben Jul 4, 2019

I would also recommend a browse through Right Time. On my last visit they did not necessarily have vintage, as in say a 60s seamaster, but they did have a few pre-owned. Might be worth a pop in if you are on that side of town.

On a side note, I was in denver this evening and I-25 is a complete nightmare! Hope you don't get stuck in the gridlock..

wagudc likes this.
  6. wagudc Jul 7, 2019

Sadly I don't have a chance to check out shops. I was on a tight schedule and my watch browsing time was taken up by the aforementioned I-25 traffic. I did experience a nasty hail storm.

20190705_202628.jpg 20190705_200637.jpg

WYO_Watch and larryganz like this.
  7. Gentle Ben Jul 7, 2019

That's Colorado for ya!!

wagudc likes this.
  8. larryganz The cable guy Jul 7, 2019

That's too bad (hail and lack of time). They do have an extensive number of used and vintage watches on their online store.

9. wagudc Jul 7, 2019

Thankfully, my friend had me pull my rental car into his garage 20 minutes before the hail came. Otherwise I would be out my insurance deductible.

10. larryganz The cable guy Jul 7, 2019

People who live here will just pay the extra $19 a day for the extra rental car insurance during hail season (May-August) which is the worst in June and July.

11. ArtVandlay Jul 7, 2019

If you find yourself back in Denver I'd check out Oster Jewelers in North Cherry Creek as well as all of the shops that @larryganz suggested. Denver is notorious for hail this time of year so no surprise that you found some, good luck in your searching, thats most of the fun anyway.

wagudc likes this.
  12. wagudc Jul 7, 2019

I will do so myself in the future.

Thanks will do.

ArtVandlay and larryganz like this.