Forums Latest Members
  1. jakey555 Nov 17, 2014

Here is my soon to be serviced late 60s Chronostop.
    As detailed in a past post, I lost one of the end pieces some years ago and the head of this watch has sat in my bathroom cabinet in a pile of other dead, dying or otherwise neglected watches for at least 5 years.
    I can get a pair of new end pieces, but I only need one and they come in pairs. Perhaps another future reader of this post also needs a single Omega 625 end piece and we can club together and buy the pair!
    What I'd prefer though is to get a single used one as it will be cheaper and match the watch patina better.
    Any offers? PM me please.

Note the market stall elasticated stainless watch strap in the photo. I bought this in the days before ebay was full of watch straps and the options for finding a 22mm strap in my town were limited to say the least. So while I wait (several years, forever probably) for my 625 end piece plea to be answered what would people suggest as an alternative strap to tide me over until the trusty 1170 bracelet is brought back into service?

I'm thinking of something military, perhaps a NATO type nylon in black /red to pick out the dial and hand colours? But I'm also contemplating a leather bund type.
    Any suggestions?

IMG_20141112_210940070.jpg
  2. alex21 Dec 9, 2014

Hello Jakey, I'm a newbie here but I hope I can help you someway :)

First of all, really nice watch! an Omega ST146.008 with tachymetric scale for what I can see! I'm looking for a seamster chronostop too, to start my collection of vintage Omegas.
    I would say that the nato strap is ok, but I would prefer a leather racing strap, black :) It was also sold at that time with this configuration, as seen in some vintage catalogue pictures (Chuck Maddox source)
    [​IMG]
    For this particular model shouldn't' be 549 the end piece?

Edited Dec 9, 2014