Forums Latest Members
  1. jamescro Oct 8, 2016

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum, and also my first time looking for a vintage watch.

I live in London, and am in the market for a 1960s seamaster with black dial and crosshair - can live with or without the date window.

I know there are a lot of redials out there, this doesnt bother me as long as it is done well and is true to the original dial, but what I am afraid of is spending money on a counterfeit watch.

So I guess my question is; can anyone recommend reputable dealers either online or with a shop front in London where i can safely shop for this watch? Or does anyone on here have one for sale?

Thanks!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 8, 2016

Posting a Want To Buy as your first post is not the best way to make a good impression.

Spend a few minutes to read the stickies and browse through the Private Watches For Sale forum. Theres a lot of good stuff there including at least one black dialed seamaster.

I'd personally recommend not buying a redial. You may find it wears on you after a while. Better to spend some time to learn, watch the WRUW thread and figure out what you really want, specifically, then go hunt it down.

Edited Oct 9, 2016
    jamescro, Davidt and Jwit like this.