Wallets and pens, your watches best friends.

The old Mulberry wallet has seen better days but since I found watches I haven’t had much to put in it anyway 😀
28CA4EEC-79EA-48B0-9D94-B8E8CA15EB2D.jpeg

The old Mulberry wallet has seen better days but since I found watches I haven’t had much to put in it anyway 😀 28CA4EEC-79EA-48B0-9D94-B8E8CA15EB2D.jpeg

Nice picture... and yes it does look like your wallet has been over overexerted... easily done!

Halp!
I searched for the other pens thread but came up blank, so hijacking this one.

Due to an organic component failure, my daily beater Cross fountain has just had it's nib smashed in, so I'm in need of recommendations for a mid Nib sized fountain.
Currently using this Pilot which is very heavy on the nib due to being a retractable.
Pics for clicks:
20190724_145127.jpg

image.jpg
Halp!
I searched for the other pens thread but came up blank, so hijacking this one.

Due to an organic component failure, my daily beater Cross fountain has just had it's nib smashed in, so I'm in need of recommendations for a mid Nib sized fountain.
Currently using this Pilot which is very heavy on the nib due to being a retractable.
Pics for clicks:
20190724_145127.jpg
Carrying the same one. Currently my favorite every day around the hospital pen. The nib is pretty thick but convenience factor high for a quick signature...less so for extended writing.

image.jpg
Carrying the same one. Currently my favorite every day around the hospital pen. The nib is pretty thick but convenience factor high for a quick signature...less so for extended writing.
That's the issue, it's used for a lot of writing / notes/ sketches.
I am going to have to get used to the tarmac wide nib for a while.
Edited:

My Omega wallet (forget who actually makes it for them) has been holding up nicely for a couple of years now.

Wallet.jpg

That's the issue, it's used for a lot of writing / notes/ sketches.
I am going to have to get used to the tarmac wide nib for a while.
I find fountains hard for extended notes, unless it's for posterity (eg. a journal ) or a personal letter, in which case I guess I prefer my Parker Duofold...yeah the Pilot vanishing pt is tough for that.

If you like pencils for drawing I really enjoy Blackwing; they even have a (somewhat gimmicky) Mars rover Ltd Ed...

https://oxfordexchange.com/products/palomino-blackwing-volumes-4-mars-edition

https://blackwing602.com/collection...MIz4OZ1ujN4wIVjcDACh2ZgQ6NEAAYAyAAEgLlF_D_BwE

I use the free pens that everyone gives me to advertise their businesses, and my wallet is worn to hell. This thread will probably get me to update the wallet, but the only pockets I have are in my pants, I'm not going to carry a pen there, and I'd probably lose a pen if I carried one. Hell, I'd probably misplace my watch if it weren't strapped to my wrist.

That there pen is a Fisher Space Pen...I ain’t got no wallet...’cause I ain’t got no money...’cause I bought an Echo Whiskey [on the left pictured below] from that dang-blasted @Darlinboy. 👍

FB752FD9-200F-4C96-AA6C-E872DFD2C4F5.jpeg
Edited:

@Mad Dog I had exactly that pen when I was kid, spent far too long finding ways to write upside-down, probably would explain quite a lot today...

@Mad Dog I had exactly that pen when I was kid, spent far too long finding ways to write upside-down, probably would explain quite a lot today...
Ya...I bet you wrote on the ceiling...which was probably followed by you getting spanked with your own Hot Wheels track. 😁

I
Ya...I bet you wrote on the ceiling...which was probably followed by you getting spanked with your own Hot Wheels track. 😁
I had Scalectrix, which also explains why I was so good at the 100 metres when in junior school😁

The wallet is by Mywalit, the pens, used daily are a Parker 51 that my mom gave to dad in 1955, a tenth wedding anniversary present, and a 70th birthday present from my partner, a blue Aurora Mare. The silver pen in the wallet is from Nick Hacko a Sydney based watchmaker.

The watch is my SM300 daily beater!
IMG_2365.JPG

Okay. So I upgraded to the finest pen ever created: the Bic 4-color. All others can vie for second place. Now, about that wallet...
DSC_9649.jpg

Nothing fancy and it gets the job done:
Bellroy Note Sleeve
Pilot G-2 07
Omega 2554.30 (watch of the day)

Fiance keeps trying to get me to carry an Ermenegildo Zegna wallet despite my telling her what happens in that area of my trousers. The fact that I can't pronounce the name doesn't help. A plain Johnson & Murphy billfold is good enough. For pens, I need roller balls (0.5mm), can't do gel ballpoints. I've got a platinum-trimmed Montblanc, but I never use it. I should replace the cartridge and use it.

Nobody has really mentioned sunglasses. My daily drivers are RB tortoise Clubmasters, but I have RB3498s (in her car) and a pair of 24K Serengeti drivers. I asked for and got a pair of Randolph straight temple aviators for Christmas, but the matte chrome finish looked really cheap so I sent them back. Should have got gold or chrome.

That there pen is a Fisher Space Pen...I ain’t got no wallet...’cause I ain’t got no money...’cause I bought an Echo Whiskey [on the left pictured below] from that dang-blasted @Darlinboy . 👍

FB752FD9-200F-4C96-AA6C-E872DFD2C4F5.jpeg
My grandmother was a QVC addict. Loved buying things in groups of eight, one for each grandchild. If it said "space age" or had any connection to space, she was all over it. So naturally we all had one of those pens.

One year she bought us all these gloves that had the mystical "space age technology" incorporated. They were cheap crap gloves, very thin, but with a metal foil woven into them. Supposedly the astronauts used them to keep their hands warm in space. Not only did they NOT protect you from the cold, but they actually invited the cold IN by conducting it through the gloves and onto your hands. On a high note, she did get us those lawn darts one year. Eight sets of giant metal darts falling from the sky. It's a miracle nobody was ever maimed or killed.