Forums Latest Members

SOLD Wakmann Triple Date Chronograph 1960s

1. kov Trüffelschwein. Apr 28, 2017

For sale, the last non-Speedmaster piece of my collection, this amazing reverse panda Wakmann Triple Date Chronograph from the 1960s.

Reference : 71.1309.70
    Case : 37mm, stainless steel, razor sharp
    Glass : Hesalite, no dings or scratches
    Movement : Valjoux 723 (72C), signed Walkman Watch Co. on the Bridge
    Dial : Great condition with a lovely patina
    Hands : Great overall condition, hour hand missing some tritium
    Crown & Pushers : Original, unpolished
    Bracelet : Unworn Custom JPM 19mm Red Vintage Italian Leather

Price : 3200 CHF (swiss francs) net to me - bank wire to my local bank. Please use a fx rate calculator to estimate the price in your local currency and make sure your bank allows you to wire in CHF, I don't want to deal with currency conversion differences and costs.

The watch is located in Switzerland. Shipping is to be discussed. Face to face in Switzerland preferred. I am driving all around the country for business, shouldn't be a problem to meet in your area. I do not like shipping, especially abroad, as insurance is always a problem for watches. Therefore please don't be offended if I decline an offer with shipping required.

I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this watch now at your price".

Without further ado, place for pictures :

Sales-Ad-15.jpg Sales-Ad-14.jpg Sales-Ad-13.jpg Sales-Ad-11.jpg Sales-Ad-10.jpg Sales-Ad-12.jpg Sales-Ad-9.jpg Sales-Ad-8.jpg Sales-Ad-7.jpg Sales-Ad-6.jpg Sales-Ad-5.jpg Sales-Ad-4.jpg Sales-Ad-3.jpg Sales-Ad-1.jpg

Pictures are the best part of the description. Since I own the watch I'm selling, feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better, prior buying.

Some FAQ:

Why are you selling? - Last non-Speedmaster watch I actually own. Focusing my collection on Moonwatches.
    Are you a Dealer? - Nope. I am constantly looking to adapt my collection to my wishes that change in time. I have bought and sold a few watches on OF and you can find my feedback by searching my username. References available on request, feel free to ping and ask.
    What would you say counts against this watch? - Chrono hand to be realigned to zero to be perfect. No big deal for any watchmaker. Service history unknown.
    What do you like about this watch? - A perfect dial with perfect hands exactly as I love them and want all of my watches to be. The indexes are incredible and all the tritium has a lovely patina. Hey, it's a 50+ years old watch, come on!
    What parts do you know to be replaced? - Nothing known to me. Maybe somebody will notice something - please let me know if so !
    Are the box and papers original to the watch? - No box, nor papers.
    Will you take it back? - Yes, if something was wrong in the description above.

Edited May 2, 2017
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. May 4, 2017

OHPF - looks like it will leave OF community :unsure:

3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 4, 2017

where's the "dislike" button?

anyway, congrats with the sale :)

kov likes this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. May 6, 2017

Sold outside OF. Anyway, thanks to OF for the space. :thumbsup:

Travelhomedad likes this.