Forums Latest Members

Wakmann signed buckles, did they ever exist?

1. secretsauce604 It's mayo, French dressing, relish, and vinegar. Jul 27, 2016

Greetings folks! Just picked up this little beauty the other day, currently in for service. I'm a sucker for signed strap buckles, and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not Wakmann ever used signed buckles on their straps and bracelets? My search hasn't remotely turned anything up, so I'm inclined to think they used generic hardware. Thanks OF for providing this space, and the people whom have taken the time to read my post!

upload_2016-7-27_0-5-25.png

2. Vitezi Jul 27, 2016

Nice triple date chrono! Someone on the Breitling forum (http://www.breitlingsource.com/) might be able to better answer your question. I looked through some vintage Wakmann catalogs and ads but found no mention of signed buckles, straps or bracelets. Perhaps since Wakmann was a subsidiary of Breitling, the parent company chose to only provide accessories to the Breitling brand as a way to differentiate it from Wakmann.

[​IMG]
    (thanks)

With a little bit of searchng, you can find Wakmann signed boxes, if that interests you.
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

red crowned and gatorcpa like this.
  3. secretsauce604 It's mayo, French dressing, relish, and vinegar. Jul 27, 2016

Thanks for the tip!