Forums Latest Members
  1. Lovewatches2 Aug 20, 2018

Hello fellow members!
    I would like to inquire if anybody have any personal experience with Watch Repairs USA, located in New York ?
    I have had my watch sent to their shop for a full restoration. The estimated completion is 6 months per their invoice. It's been six months Aug. 12 and when I email them about it they are still waiting for a component for the watch and said to wait for 7 to days more. They do have a link to check the status of the repair but all its saying is "watch is currently being work on".
    I do have to wait till end of this month for the 7 to 10 days for the watch component to come.
    I've been waiting too long already.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Faz Aug 20, 2018

I've never dealt with them but what you are experiencing is quite common. I'm not sure what watch you've sent for restoration but depending on the watch, some parts can be difficult to obtain, especially if it's serviced by an independent watchmaker. I'm afraid you'll have to be a tad more patient.

Cheers,

Lovewatches2 likes this.
  3. Lovewatches2 Aug 21, 2018

Well, I'll wait, thanks!

4. Lovewatches2 Aug 21, 2018

The watch us an Eternamatic, Centenaire '61

5. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Aug 21, 2018

I've dealt with them multiple times for overhauls and it's always taken less than a month. The exception with this was when they did my dad's '78 Air-King, where they had to order a number of parts from the mothership overseas and it took a couple of months. Why it is taking so long in your case must have to do with the individual watch and having to go deep into the parts cave to get the right replacements. It will be worth the wait. They don't just stand behind their work, they guarantee it for 2 years, worldwide. They can do this because once the watch is finished, they test it literally for a week or so to make sure it's up to spec.

Lovewatches2 likes this.
  6. Lovewatches2 Aug 21, 2018

Thanks much for your nice respond. I was thinking I'm getting scammed already cuz of the long wait (as of now, it's going 7 mos. by sept).
    It is a full restoration of the watch which was a present to me by my uncle (deceased) when I graduated high school. The watch is an eternamatic Centenaire '61, a keeper for sentimental value.
    On the other hand, many thanks again & will try to post it here when I get it back from the shop. When? I hope sooner than later
    Cheers!

7. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Aug 21, 2018

Crikey, I don't know why but I thought you mentioned the NYC Rolex Service Center (apparently I was doing to many things at once). My mistake. I don't know the concern you mention, however I do know with a watch that old it can take a long time to get the required parts. I wish you best of luck.

Lovewatches2 likes this.
  8. Lovewatches2 Aug 21, 2018

No problem @ScubaPro, thanks the same!