Forums Latest Members
  1. Gasman Oct 2, 2019

A friend of mine recently bought a ladies Rolex. She had used this Jewelers/ AD previously for some jewellery. I asked her if she would put her name on the waiting list for a HULK. She did this today so I will now get to the point. She said that she fancies some more jewellery so she would come back. The assistant said the more she buys the further up the waiting list she goes.

2. BradleyJ. Oct 2, 2019

In god we trust, all others pay cash

3. Slowpoker Oct 3, 2019

Yep that seems about right. The more you buy the higher you go up on the list. 5 years on the list can turn into 5 months after making a couple of other purchases.

Often most Boutiques and AD's will favour repeat customers/loyal ones over first-time and one-time only buyers. It's best for business in their eyes to do so.

Edited Oct 3, 2019
  4. asrnj77 Oct 4, 2019

Not sure there is a “list” where I’m 26 and you’re 87. It’s more “when we get the next 5 Hulks in I want one to go to Sally’s favorite client Jim and one to go to Bob’s favorite client Sam”...etc

People say there’s a 5 year waiting list for a Daytona but there is no list. You won’t move up month to month or year to year. They just hope you’ll forget or go away.

5. saulgoodman Oct 4, 2019

What a crock! Just as a test I would like to tell the salesperson at the AD that there is $500 in it for him/her upon delivery to see how fast your name climbs on that imaginary list. It seems very sad to me that a fine brand like Rolex feels it has to climb the rung to the next level by playing these games. It is beneath them.