Forums Latest Members
  1. mcneguy May 7, 2011

I was at an AD the other day here in Orlando. I had planned selling my Rolex TT GMT II and purchasing the SS new version when I told the salesperson that I might also be interested in something a little dressier but really didn't like the datejust II much. He asked if I had seen the Omega Aqua Terra with the 8500 movement. Being a current owner of a Speedmaster Automatic and a former owner of the PO Chronograph, I was familiar with the AT and the movement but had not seen one. They had the SS with white dial in stock. As I'm sure you all know, that watch is stunning. I forgot about the new GMT (I have a Pepsi one anyway) and wanted this watch immediately. They would not budge from the $5100 price, I'm used to getting 20% from my Rolex Guy so I did not buy.

Well I'm reading the Rolex forum and Father John just bought the same watch I wanted, he said he paid $3600 a month ago from his AD for it. I sent him a PM asking if he would divulge from whom he purchased it, he did one better and told me that his was now for sale. I jumped at it and it will be here in the next hour. Sorry this was so long winded.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 7, 2011

Ha nice! The $5100 holding firm routine was never going to fly, but the new AT's with the teck dial is a beautiful watch, and the lume they've crammed onto the arrow markers is very impressive!

3. mcneguy May 7, 2011

I did get it this afternoon. The teck dial is indeed beautiful. I'm not sure how worried Rolex is about Omega but this watch is clearly of high quality. The clasp is awesome, the bracelet is every bit the equal of either of my rolexes.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 7, 2011

So, when do we get to see photos? :)

Welcome to the forums.

5. mcneguy May 8, 2011

Here you go..

uploadfromtaptalk1304866811752.jpg
    dsio and Trev like this.
  6. rxpete May 9, 2011

Very nice.. :thumbsup:

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 9, 2011

Looks awesome. Very sophisticated and understated.

Speaking of Fr. John, I hope he stumbles across the forum some day. His posts on TRF are always insightful/knowledgable.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 10, 2011

I thought he was already here somewhere =\

9. Rockmastermike May 11, 2011

congratualtions on your pick up.....must be destiny or karma, what ever you call it, it's cool