Forums Latest Members

Waffle Dial Seamaster Chronometer.... does every dog have his day ?

1. w154 Dec 3, 2017

I bought this today. I have to admit the more I think about it the more I wonder if I should have done. Now I'm not one to pull out of a purchase, so it's definitely incoming, but I wondered if anyone here could say anything about the dial and/or everything else. I can see something missing with the 6 o'clock marker, and there are strange reflections that make the dial look too small for the case (or is there a missing rehaut) ? All thoughts welcome !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Nathan1967 and Spruce like this.
  2. fjf Dec 3, 2017

With such out of focus pics is really just a guessing game.

3. ConElPueblo Dec 3, 2017

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Will you guys stop pulling in Seamaster Chronometres, Constellations with perfect waffle dials and drawer-find Primeros?!?

@w154 - I'm adding you to the "I hate this guy" list...

(btw, I think that the odd dial/case look could be down to having a golden tension ring fitted...)

micampe, ahsposo, murph and 5 others like this.
  4. sat968 Dec 3, 2017

Just add me to the long queue of collectors willing to do a community service by giving one of these a good home. ;)

5. fjf Dec 3, 2017

Yeah, I never found nothing like that in a drawer!! :(

6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

hi

any movement shots??

what is the ref ?

What it priced strong ? i would assume it was a good deal due to the quality of the photos...

Good Hunting

BIll

7. w154 Dec 4, 2017

Those three pics were everything.

With advice from another member that all these had 18mm lug spacing we reckon it may well be a jumbo case (my best guess puts its at 35.7mm so its probably 36mm). My spidey-senses tell me the seller is an honest type, and it was described as being in his family since new, so I hope at least its not aiming to be deceptive.

And regarding the price. It was probably at my limit given how poor all the information was. But as to whether that was a bargain or not I have no idea. If you'd seen an eBay buy-it-now with only those three photos how much would you have paid ?

8. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

500$

cause , ebay ... I would think its a recased watch... that would account for the gold refector ring, and the missing marker not floating around in the case...

but you have more info on the seller .... that could also possibly sway my buy it now button....

also does not look to me to be a jumbo size case ( aka 36 mm vs the std 34 ) assume its a bumper ...

Dial looks small in comparison to a 2521 ( 36 mm jumbo bumper ) vs 2520 /2577 ( 34 mm std bumper )

To compare to your watch.... photo of my 18k rose gold 36 mm .... look at the dial proportions ... type block spacing to the 12 oclock position etc....
    sellers pics... fuzzy
    dial.jpg

clearer

dial2.jpg

and a distance...

dist.jpg

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

w154 and gatorcpa like this.
  9. w154 Dec 4, 2017

Thanks Bill… that’s a pretty thorough post :thumbsup:

I guess I’ll only really know what it is when it turns up, but pretty sure the case is bigger than 34mm (assuming the lug width is 18mm). I didn't communicate at all with the seller, but they have perfect feedback, a recent history of selling other items with BIN prices that seemed reasonable, and no history that I could see of selling other watches. It's easy to be wrong, but seller seemed legit.

And fortunately I am on the quite on the right side of 500 US so I hope it really was "Good Hunting" :)