Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vulcain Cricket in Stainless Steel

1. Dre Jul 20, 2016

Hi OF,

For sale is my vintage Vulcain Cricket Alarm dated back to late 1940s or early 1950s. As you all know, the Vulcain Cricket is a watch famously given to US presidents since Harry Truman's era. I looked for this watch right away after reading an article about 'Watches of United States Presidents', and finally found this beautiful example after a few months of searching. As my collection grows and most of my watches are chronographs now, it's been ages since this watch seen a wrist time. Probably only worn it once in the past 3 months, so my loss is your gain!

Please see below for the details,

Dial: Beautiful two-tone silver dial with double scales! Radium on numerals are still intact and aged very nicely, numerals are placed inside a beautiful mirror-style track. All original hands, blued steel hands with thick yellow radium. Switzerland signed on the bottom of the dial.
    Movement: Vulcain in-house movement cal 120.
    Case: Perfect classic dress watch size at 34mm excluding crown, 18mm lugs width. 3-piece stainless steel case. Original bi-directional unsigned crown and original pusher for the alarm. Case is sharp and unpolished.

The watch is keeping good time. All functions are working as they should, alarm is loud, long and accurate! Triple signed Vulcain on the dial, inside case back as well as the movement. An instruction on how to use the alarm will also be provided to the buyer.

Please note that the movement shot was taken in a different time as I don't like opening caseback. All photos are unedited as well. My apologies for the yellow-ish lighting as I haven't had a chance to take some more photos in better lighting condition and I just want to post it here ASAP.

The watch is sold as is head only, no straps, box or papers. Priced at 875 USD + shipping. Paypal or bank wire only.

Thanks heaps

Andre

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

TexOmega, Ko1892, JohnSteed and 7 others like this.
  2. Dre Jul 21, 2016

Sold! Thanks OF and buyer!